Head of North America Enterprise Sales
Cloudflare, San Francisco or Austin or New York
Help us build a better Internet
About the Team
Account Executives (AE), Business Development Representatives (BDR), Solution Engineers (SE), and Customer Success (CS) - all working together to help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community. Austin, TX is an important growth hub for Cloudflare. We are looking for a Head of Austin Sales to help us build our customer facing presence to accelerate growth. The Austin Sales Leader will be responsible for driving Cloudflare's revenue in a matrix reporting structure, but will be the heart and soul of the Austin Sales office empowering all the local teams (AE, BD, SE, CSM).
What you’ll do
As the Head of North America Enterprise Sales you will lead our Enterprise sales organization reporting directly to the Head of Sales Americas. We are seeking a highly experienced and talented Sales Leader to help us manage and grow the organization with overall responsibility for driving Cloudflare's revenue, hiring and brand awareness while maintaining the Cloudflare Culture. The Head of Enterprise Sales will require both strategic and hands on leadership to continue to build out the go-to-market plan which includes; managing a distributed workforce, scaling hiring, leveraging partners and collaborating with Marketing and Product Management to drive growth in the U.S.
- Drive sales growth through successful leadership, organizational planning, customer service, and outstanding execution of all regional go-to-market programs (sales, customer success, solutions engineering, business development, support and field marketing).
- Continue to grow and build the U.S. Sales team and drive the hiring needs through partnering with global functional leadership and recruiting resources.
- Adopt and influence the companies sales methodology/process and drive best practices on selling, forecasting, and account management.
- Continuously design, build and execute strategies for the U.S. in collaboration with various regional and global functional leaders.
- Represent Cloudflare as the single point of contact for all operational concerns, ensuring proper and timely escalation and resolution.
- Ensure that corporate policy and regulatory initiatives are consistently applied and followed by the sales organization.
- Outstanding leadership - inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead teams, develop talent and effect change. Willing and able to be a “doer” and “influencer”.
- Drive business cadence for forecast calls, functional review meetings, deal review, customer account reviews, weekly team meetings and periodic company-wide kick offs.
- Represent Cloudflare as appropriate at external conferences, media and PR events. Maintain relationships with Economic Bureau of Development and other related association.
- Travel within the U.S. will be expected.
Examples of desired skills, knowledge and qualifications
- 15+ years of senior level sales leadership experience, coupled with 10+ years of direct B2B selling experience to large enterprise accounts.
- Experience managing longer, complex sales cycles but driving a quarterly cadence.
- Proven ability to sell solutions to large strategic customers.
- Strong understanding of sales process/methodology, pipeline management, accurate forecasting and delivering results quarterly.
- Individuals that have been promoted to sales leadership within companies is a plus with a proven track record of significant over-quota achievement and demonstrated career stability.
- Experience selling into Financial Services, Media/Publishing and Technology companies.
- Experience in network security, and “how the internet works”.
- Aptitude for learning technical concepts/terms (technical background in engineering, computer science, or IT is a plus).
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills to executives & individual contributors.
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree required.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.