At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month, which is nearly 10 percent of all Internet requests worldwide. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. We are working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
In this role, you are the digital public face of the company. The speed, the technical accuracy and the respect you share with the community every day is at the core of whether a prospect chooses to be a Cloudflare advocate. You play a major role because Cloudflare is a deeply authentic brand that aims to differentiate by the high quality of each customer interaction. You come with high standards of social posting etiquette and have direct examples of how to resonate a great brand online.
What you will do:
- Be the face of Cloudflare in key rapid response social channels like Twitter, Facebook and our Cloudflare Community forums
- Provide relevant insights in technical industry forums like StackExchange and HackerNews
- Manage editorial calendars for marketing communications across multiple social channels
- Coordinate localized marketing communications across APAC social channels
- Synthesize feedback across community channels for internal reporting to key stakeholders
- Manage deployment and maintenance of Cloudflare social media properties
- Curate Cloudflare's identity in sites like Wikipedia and Quora
- Manage Cloudflare’s presence on popular review/comparison sites like TrustPilot, IT Central Station, and Capterra
- Continually expand the social pie by finding new social channels to get engagement
- Influence and guide engagement by employees with the community
What you will bring:
- Immense curiosity to learn every intricacy about Cloudflare's business and our expanding feature set
- Tech savviness to relate effectively with our technical audience
- Strong written skills and wisdom about the nuances of a great digital body language
- Direct experience in expanding both company managed communities and third party online communities
- Basic SEO knowledge to ensure that social postings complement Cloudflare's SEO footprint
- Functional understanding of one or more of the following languages: Mandarin, Japanese, Korean or major Asian languages
- Background in web security, web performance, networking or edge services
- Experience marketing to a global audience
- JIRA is one of your happy places
- You are a Cloudflare customer for your own personal domain
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.