At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
The Customer Experience Team is seeking a Corporate Events and Programs Manager to plan, drive and execute in-person premium multi-track events under Cloudflare’s premier customer experience brand Connect //. This role will not only help grow and expand this experience to both delight and inspire customers but also grow the choice of content across multiple tracks and days while meeting the concrete needs of our revenue sales teams. You will own the execution of these events end-to-end, from strategy to execution, inclusive of measurement, and in doing so will partner closely with a matrix of teams across customer expansion, success, product marketing, and operations.
Successful candidates are exceptionally organized and detail-oriented, but, at the same time, able to see see the big picture to develop overall program strategy and impact. You are able to communicate up the executive level and build strong relationships across all aspects of Cloudflare’s business.
This role is a part of our emerging cross-functional Customer Experience team, which owns global delivery for customer experiences supporting customer acquisition and growth. You would be joining a highly visible team that delivers experiences directly impacting revenue generation and the on-going success of Cloudflare.
What you'll do
- Strategy: Align customer events to support expansion revenue and retention goals. Develop and manage budget and prioritization across event types and geographies with a keen eye on ROI.
- Planning - Scoping and building out the supporting show-run and synthesize key corporate, product technology themes that will resonate and be adaptive to Cloudflare audiences around the world.
- Registration - Establish registration goals, with supporting customer distribution while reaching attendance desired diversity
- Locations - Scouting and scoping venues to determine suitability Connect events, across the USA, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
- Vendor Coordination: Negotiation of terms across vendors to support usage of venues, supporting food & beverage, filming, post-processing of filming and transformation of generated content.
- Customer Coordination: Sourcing of keynote speakers and customer speakers, to support Connect events globally, adapting the local requirements in concert with local business requirements
- Special Needs: Attentiveness to the needs of attendees to support needs for mother rooms, dietary requirements and various disabilities requirements
- Partnering: Collaborate and drive consensus with internal stakeholders and partners from Customer Growth, Customer Success, Product Marketing, Sales, Marketing & Sales Operations, Finance & Legal.
- Execution: Plan, promote, and host physical and digital events, ensuring timely achievement of programs (or, as appropriate, assist international teams with event logistics and hosting). Foster pre and post-event effectiveness with customer follow up, internal feedback, and finance (procurement and contract processing).
- Reporting: Measure campaign impact through SFDC / Tableau reporting, evaluating campaign and program level ROI, and present recommendations for improvement/impact.
*Note: Some travel required, but negotiable.
- Work Experience: BS/BA degree and at least 3+ years of experience in driving customer-focused events & webinars or program management. Previous experience in B2B Marketing (enterprise SaaS, software, etc.).
- Project Management: Exceptional project management/organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong Communication: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate with and influence internal stakeholders. Able to advocate persuasively for program strategy and results.
- Results-Oriented: Demonstrable success with analyzing data and deriving insight for improvement. Focus on revenue, conversion, and business goals.
- Technical Stack: Comfortable using Salesforce.com for campaign and reporting objects. Experience with Marketo campaign creation and reporting.
- Core competencies: Self-motivated and able to work autonomously. Able to manage competing priorities and adapt quickly to rapidly changing environments. You can marry high-level creativity and out-of-the-box-thinking with a very detail-oriented, hands-on project management style.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.