Product Manager, Application Services
Cloudflare, San Francisco or Austin
Help us build a better Internet
About the Department
As a Product Manager at Cloudflare, you are responsible for building products that improve the way that the Internet works. Product Managers at Cloudflare sit at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy. We shape high-level product goals but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might pitch a concept to senior leadership, create a launch plan with marketing, work with designers to conduct user research, prototype a new feature, iterate on a spec, analyze usage data, or pair with an engineer on implementation. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding our client needs, influencing business strategy, feature specification, and working with engineering to develop our software.
About the Role
The Application Services team sits at the center of Cloudflare ensuring a consistent customer experience for critical services that span across all products. Questions like: “How do we provide a robust, easy, and consistent alerting experience to customers?”, "How do we ensure every change made by a customer is tracked accurately?", and "How do we empower teams to build effective tools for internal stakeholders like customer support and solutions engineering?" are what the Application Services team continuously thinks about. The role requires interfacing with not only other product, design, and engineering teams, but across the company including: Sales, Support, and Legal.
What you’ll do
As a member of the growing team of product managers your responsibilities include:
- Own the product vision for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision.
- Be an expert on the domain, the market, the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers. Build intimate, personal customer relationships. Bring the customer's voice into the creation process.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the company think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Author use cases and prioritize requirements based on specific real-world product applications and extrapolate detailed product requirements for the scenarios.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your product. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- Develop new opportunities. With your finger on the pulse of the market, the customers and the engineering teams, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop new opportunities.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded and thrives in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. You have outstanding communication and collaboration skills and are able to work with a diverse group, get consensus, and drive the product forward. You are execution focused and emphasize getting things done while paying attention to important details. You have several years of experience working with enterprise, SaaS, or security technologies. You have a passion for building SaaS products and want to solve the problems of performance, security, and reliability of the Internet.
- 3+ years of product management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, and then define and deliver products
- Exceptional communication, presentation, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer, but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, support and ops. You must be able to channel many points of view.
- Must be able to define and manage complex process and/or product issues of a broad scope using independent judgment
- Experience balancing execution, agility, and culture at a fast growing business.
- Experience partnering closely with Product Design to deliver engaging user experiences
- Strong technical abilities. You are intimately familiar with modern software development practices used to build and deploy applications. You've preferably been working full time on a software delivery team.
- BS/MS in a technology field
- Experience with analyzing data for trends and answers to questions using query languages like SQL.
- Previous experience in privacy or security related fields.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.