Head of Sales Development, Americas
Cloudflare, San Francisco or Austin
Help us build a better Internet
About the Team
The BDR program has two goals—generate qualified pipeline and develop business development representatives’ careers. We care deeply about both goals.
We have worked purposefully over the last 2 years to increase the percentage of our new business revenue that comes from the outbound BDR team by partnering closely with our internal customers, Account Executives, to generate high quality meetings and pipeline. During that time we have also helped many BDRs grow into Account Executive and Customer Success roles. As we scale, BDRs are also starting to find homes in other roles across the Sales Engineering, Sales Operations, Marketing, and Partner teams.
While accomplishing these two goals we strive to be a team that always “puts our Cloudflare hat on” and focuses on the best interests of the company.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for someone who has extensive sales and management experience who can help to scale this team and at the same time preserve our collaborative culture. Over the next year our team will rapidly scale and that will bring with it new challenges including helping to develop a growing team of extraordinary managers.
- Scale to 100+ BDRs (85 of which are outbound BDRs)
- Execute on vision to make the BDR team a company-wide incubator for talent
- Recruit, interview, and hire excellent BDRs at scale
- Drive execution through rigorous metrics and forecast management
- Maintain and improve relationships with sales and marketing leadership partners
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and sales operations to ensure alignment on your team’s strategy and execution
- 6+ years leading a sales team of BDRs or AEs and 4+ years scaling a team of 50+ reps
- 5+ years working in a rapidly growing technology company
- Closing experience and track record of exceeding quota
- Experience building career development programs for high performing individual contributors
- Experience with funnel management across multiple channels (inbound, upsell, outbound, marketing)
- Salesforce and systems knowledge
- Excellent project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life