About the Department
Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
What you'll do
TOLA (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas) is an important and strategic region for Cloudflare and our growth plans for 2020 and beyond. We are looking for an experienced Sales Leader to help us invest and grow the area with responsibility for driving Cloudflare's revenue and brand awareness in the region. Based in Austin, the TOLA Sales Leader will require both strategic and hands-on leadership to build out the go-to-market strategy, manage and grow the sales team, market structure and partner strategy. In this role you will be asked to actively work with clients, partners and field sales reps to sell and close deals while building out the region.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Drive sales growth through successful leadership, organizational planning, customer service, and outstanding execution of all regional go-to-market strategies.
- programs (sales, customer success, solutions engineering, business development, support and field marketing).
- Serve as the local point person for all functions in TOLA Executive relationships, key partnerships and account management.
- Grow and build TOLA team and drive the local hiring needs by working with global functional leadership and recruiting resources.
- Design, build and execute strategies for the Region in collaboration with regional and global functional leaders
- Represent Cloudflare as the single point of contact for all Regional operational concerns, ensuring proper and timely escalation and resolution.
- Ensure that corporate policy and regulatory initiatives are consistently applied and followed by team members.
- Outstanding leadership - inspire interpersonal effectiveness, develop talent and effect change. Willing and able to be a “doer” and “influencer”.
- Drive business cadence for forecast calls, functional review meetings, deal review, customer account reviews, weekly team meetings and periodic company-wide kick offs.
- Represent Cloudflare as appropriate at external conferences, media and PR events.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10+ years of direct B2B selling experience, selling to large enterprise accounts
- 5+ years of direct sales management experience leading an Enterprise outside sales team.
- Experience managing longer, complex Enterprise sales cycles
- Experience selling into $1B+ Financial Services, Retail, Industrial. Energy and Media companies preferred.
- Basic understanding of IaaS, computer networking and Network Security Services.
- Aptitude for learning technical concepts/terms (Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus).
- Strong leadership, presentation, interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
File hosting service