What you'll do
You will work as part of the Emerging Technology and Incubation team in Lisbon building Cloudflare Gateway. Gateway provides security to business teams on the Internet without compromising performance. The team is building an edge proxy/firewall that secures internet traffic to/from an end-users device.
You will work predominantly in Rust to build and maintain a forward HTTP proxy that can :
- Handle connection and request orchestration
- Manage and execute filter-based firewall rules (wirefilter link)
- Perform streaming data loss prevention (DLP)
- Anti-Virus support
- Integrate with Clouflare Workers
You’ll use your prior experience of launching and operating global scale services to ensure that all these systems meet high operational standards. This will involve working on the technical design of systems to improve predictability and resilience, and working with other engineers to improve development processes, operational understanding and monitoring and alerting systems.
- Your work will focus on building robust, secure and high performance distributed systems.
- We are a small engineering team operating at a massive scale, so what you do will have a huge influence.
- We work in agile teams, so you will be supported by colleagues, and collaborate with other teams around the company.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience (We do not require you to have all of these)
- Understanding of basics of programming language theory (state machines, NFA/DFA, regular languages, compiler optimizations and code generation)
- Good knowledge of level 7 protocols (HTTP(S), HTTP/2, WebSocket, WebRTC)
- Good knowledge of level 4 protocols (TCP/UDP)
- Engineering software systems for reliability
- Building and operating an enterprise scale distributed system
- Experience with continuous / rapid release engineering
- Strong experience of tooling and process automation
- How to talk about your work to technical and non-technical audience
- Good unix knowledge
- Understanding of performance analysis and debugging (with tools like perf, sar, strace)
- Understanding of security issues and responsibilities
- Building high volume logging and analytics pipelines (we use Kafka and Clickhouse)
- Designing and building APIs
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.
Jobs You May Like
Senior User Experience Designer
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY