About The Role
In this role, you will be focused on the build out and expansion of our global network. You'll work closely with Cloudflare’s SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) team, Network Engineering team, and with various vendors and partners (including hardware vendors, datacenter and network providers, and ISPs) to maintain and improve our global infrastructure, and to plan and aggressively execute on the expansion of our network. You will further be responsible for the development and implementation of consistent processes and visibility measurements for consistent and effective management of our infrastructure. This is a highly visible position that requires deep technical understanding of datacenter infrastructure, networking (physical), and basic experience with data analysis and project management.
You will also be responsible for:
- Provision hardware, software, and network in new Cloudflare data centers
- Upgrade software in our current Cloudflare data centers
- Monitor network and hardware issues in our data centers
- Repair and maintains data center equipment
- Manage “remote hands” work within our data centers
To be successful in this position, you should have excellent technical skills, communication skills, and be able to navigate a range of challenges and constraints (e.g. schedule adherence, time zones, and cultures). You will have the opportunity to (literally) build a faster, safer Internet for our millions of users and the billions of web surfers that visit their sites each month.
Other Responsibilities May Include
- Collaborating with internal teams (infrastructure, network engineering and SRE). Create documentation and manage remote contractors to complete datacenter installations and upgrades, including hardware manufacturers, datacenter and network providers, logistics partners and other service providers in support of our 120 and growing datacenter locations
- Build rack elevations, and work with remote contractors to rack and cable infrastructure globally
- Coordinate installation of cross-connects globally in support of physical network expansion
- Assist with the definition, documentation and implementation of consistent processes across all regions
- Aggressively seek opportunities to introduce cutting-edge technology and automation solutions that are effective, efficient and scalable in order to improve our ability to deploy and maintain our global infrastructure
- Limited travel
Examples Of Desirable Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
- Direct experience executing on datacenter / infrastructure projects with many moving parts.
- Previous experience installing / maintaining datacenter (and other IT) infrastructure and DCIM tools.
- Experience running and improving operational processes in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proactive with proven ability to learn fast and execute on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to manage MS excel and Google spreadsheets
- Comfortable handling basic program management responsibilities (prioritization, planning, scheduling, status reporting) such as JIRA
- Experience managing remote contractors
- Must be a team player
- Multi-lingual; experience working with infrastructure in multiple countries
- Comfortable with remote “lights-out” and out-of-band access to data center resources
- Linux certifications
- Knowledge of the OSI-model and experience isolating network, hardware and software issues
- Configuration management systems such as Saltstack, Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Scripting or software development experience in Bash, Python or Go-lang
- Familiarity with load balancing and reverse proxies such as Nginx, Varnish, HAProxy, Apache.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare