Public Policy at Cloudflare
Because of the scope, complexity, and diversity of the company’s work, our Public Policy team members must be flexible, talented and able to work collaboratively across multi-functional teams to find and present policy solutions, to carry the Cloudflare narrative and promote the public policy brand externally.
The team is currently based in Washington D.C and Brussels, and is often tasked with addressing global policy issues on top of local market priorities. The Head of European Public Policy will be mainly focused on Brussels, and the work may also include some focus on key national markets in Europe.
This is a fast-moving work environment with goals that are closely linked to business priorities, however, policy issues are typically within the areas of cybersecurity, data protection/privacy and intermediary liability.
What You’ll Do
Cloudflare’s Public Policy team helps the company by anticipating regulatory challenges, acting as an external advocate for Cloudflare on priority policy issues and identifying opportunities to build relationships with external partners. For our Head of European Public Policy, we’re looking for a leader who can help grow a team that fosters our unique corporate philosophy within the EU, develop public policy solutions to challenging technology issues and be comfortable giving front line support on issues requiring engagement.
This role is ideal for an experienced and energetic manager who is proactive, a strategic thinker, a skilled communicator and above all else, someone who has a thirst for knowledge and continued growth, all while working as part of a great team.
The Head of European Public Policy will report to the Head of Public Policy.
As part of the job, you will:
- Lead Cloudflare’s government-facing advocacy in the EU.
- Evaluate EU policy conversations and legislative developments, and work to understand the impact on Cloudflare across its full product set
- Develop talking points, policy narratives and presentation materials for use at external events and meetings and for other communication purposes (company blog, position papers etc)
- Articulate Cloudflare’s positioning to relevant policy makers and officials from the European Institutions, as well as within any identified national markets
- Work to build and maintain relationships with key policy makers, and to find engagement opportunities with business, civil society entities and other third party organisations
- Provide timely updates to colleagues from the Cloudflare Public Policy, Legal, Trust & Safety Teams and other internal stakeholders.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- University degree
- Language skills, with French, German or/and Portuguese being an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working with European Institutions, national regulators and/or governments, and/or within a tech or telecoms company
- Good understanding of EU laws and regulations important to Cloudflare
- Fluency / an interest in technology
- Strong communications (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Team player, and a sense of humour
- Detail oriented, well organized and a sense of initiative
- The ability to manage multiple files and engage with multiple teams within Cloudflare
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world
Jobs You May Like
Enjoy, Oakland, CA