Senior Customer Advocacy Manager
Cloudflare, San Francisco or Austin
Help us build a better Internet
What you'll do
The Senior Customer Advocacy Manager is responsible for all aspects of customer assets creation and promotion. You are skilled in making customer stories come to life. Writing and storytelling comes naturally to you and is a skill you enjoy honing. In this role, you’ll identify and develop content for customer stories ranging from case studies, external slides, blog posts and filmed narratives. Working collaboratively with the global marketing team, you’ll orchestrate marketing campaigns and strategies with the customer content you’ve created. In essence, you are the Chief Customer Storyteller and Marketer!
- Collaborate with Customer Success, Product Marketing and SMEs to author high performing customer engagement assets including case studies, customer blog posts, videos and more.
- Manage and organize a library of up-to-date customer success stories.
- Partner with the global sales and marketing team, creating impactful campaigns with customer social proof to drive more leads, conversions and upsells - both inbound and outbound.
- Develop a set of goals and KPIs to measure the effectiveness of customer content and campaigns.
- Nurture customer relationships and cross-pollinating advocates in other reference opportunities.
- Be ready to support the other members in a small but thriving customer advocacy team on references (requests and tools), customer advisory events and other engagement programs.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing or Communications related field
- 7+ years of marketing experience
- Significant experience in B2B technology marketing with a keen understanding of the Internet ecosystem and technical audiences (experience in cybersecurity or Internet-related SaaS business is preferred)
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented attitude
- Thrives in an accountable, metrics-driven environment
- Have a bias to action and the ability to not only manage but thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly customer empathetic and flexible in working with a global customer base
- Experience with content management systems (e.g. Contentful) is nice, but not a requirement
- A brief cover letter, answering the question “What 3 things would you improve on the Case Study section of the Cloudflare website?" - https://www.cloudflare.com/case-studies/
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.