Managed Services Engineer -Strategic Partnerships
Help us build a better Internet
About the Department
The Special Projects team at Cloudflare works on a wide range of tactical and strategic projects that are critical to the operations and long term development of Cloudflare. From Cloudflare’s entry into China through a strategic partnership with one of China’s largest Internet companies; to conducting strategic acquisitions; managing our partnerships and relationships with the major cloud providers; and finding commercial opportunities for Cloudflare’s new products and technologies, we are involved at all levels of driving the company’s business strategy and development. The Special Projects team works with the executive level and across all teams in the company.
What You'll Do
Do you like solving complex problems? Are you an analytical thinker with a knack for non-linear logic? Do you enjoy interacting with people?
We are seeking a Managed Services Engineer to join our team. You will work with our high profile Chinese partners on complicated technical issues as well as the Technical Operations team that is responsible for running our global, distributed network.. This is a position where you will learn the inner workings of Cloudflare's technology, while also getting to work directly with our partners and customers, particularly in the Greater China Region.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- English verbal & written communication skills
- 2+ years of customer-facing technical support experience
- Familiarity with Linux and web programming
- Familiar with Apache, Nginx, and/or IIS
- You have experience troubleshooting DNS, Network, SSL and HTTP layer
- You may come from a Web Development, Hosting and/or customer support background
- You understand fundamentally how the Internet works
- You have good communication/written skills that enable you to be a bridge between customers and other teams within Cloudflare
- Some scripting skills/development experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, and other database servers
- Experience with ClickHouse
- Experience with popular blogging platforms, forum software, and/or CRM software
- Interest in web security
- You have worked at a hosting company or a web development company
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.