About the department
You'll be a part of the newly created Lisbon Engineering team. This team will be working on building strategic functionality and new products at Cloudflare. We operate with small groups of highly motivated and experienced software, data science, and network engineers who like to solve problems. We work to meet both the challenges of a massively growing customer base and our internal department's needs.
What you'll do
In this role, you will play an active part in designing, building, and scaling a sophisticated and user-friendly tool to help our new customers migrate from their existing solutions to the ever-growing Cloudflare product stack.
You will use our vast product functionality and technical interfaces and work together with our edge and core engineering teams to make sure you have the technical resources you need to keep your tool updated, useful, and competitive.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
This is a role for engineers that are familiar with low-level APIs, migration tools, advanced configuration systems, compilers, and modern development and runtime environments.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years professional experience as a Software Developer/Engineer.
- Programming experience in Go, Rust, C, or C++.
- Experience with advanced configuration and/or patching of other content cache, reverse proxy, and application accelerators.
- Good understanding of how modern compilers and parsers work.
- Experience managing and contributing to open-source projects.
- Working knowledge of modern Unix/Linux development and runtime environments.
- A solid grasp of networking protocols in any of Layers 3-7 of the OSI Model.
- Knowledge and some experience with the Cloudflare Workers APIs, architecture and tools is a bonus.
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills.
- Unit/integration testing experience.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Studio