About the Role
As a Technical Writer at Cloudflare, you play an important role in the Product Content Experience (PCX) team, partnering with engineers, product managers, customer-facing teams, and users to develop and improve content. You will be the first to explain new products and features, impacting and influencing the content experience of a product used by millions of people daily. If you are excited to work with an audience ranging from Wordpress bloggers to development teams at Fortune 100 companies, come help us make the internet better!
Beyond content development, you will have the opportunity to dive in and create code samples and tutorials –– with thousands of new users signing up every day, your content will very likely be part of their first experience with Cloudflare.
- Create and edit product documentation according to company guidelines, varying from support content to product and developer documentation
- Collaborate with content experts and project managers to distill complex, broad concepts about products into usable and accurate documentation
- Evaluate industry tools and trends
- Work closely with a variety of product, engineering, and customer-facing teams to document how to use new product features to both technical and non-technical users
- Work independently and manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Own, create, and help manage all product and support content
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills - must provide samples of excellent writing skills
- Each sample should be 500-1,000 words in length, and at least one sample should be a technical procedure
- 2-5 years of professional technical writing experience for technical and general consumer audiences
- Strong interest and comfort with technical subject matter
- Familiarity with databases, HTML, Markdown, CSS, and JSON
- Bachelor's degree or higher in English, Technical Communication, or other major with writing-intensive component and/or a technology emphasis
- Knowledge of web servers, networking, HTTP, DNS and command line tools on Linux, Windows and Mac
- Experience with multimedia and graphic design
- Multilingual skills (Chinese, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese)
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.