Public Sector Business Development Representative
Cloudflare, Austin, TX
Help us build a better Internet
About the Department
Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
What you'll do
This is a chance to work directly with the general manager and team for all public sector new business. In addition to our reference Public Sector customers we have 7+ million existing customers on our free, pro, and business plans from all industries that enjoy Cloudflare’s performance and security.
As we launch new products that are designed to find the best way to work with public sector needs, you’ll be given the opportunity to test product market fit.
Identifying these customers requires strong relationship building skills, understanding the public sector landscape needs & pain points, and a strong analytical skill set.
We are looking for ownership-oriented team members with excellent communication skills and technical curiosity. The Public Sector Business Development Representative (BDR) is an exciting role in which you can build your career around and learn the following aspects:
- Create excellent customer experiences
- Deeper Public Sector sales understanding and experience
- Learn customer-centric sales skills
- Become an expert in Cloudflare’s product
- Learn about the Cybersecurity industry
Successful candidates have the possibility of transitioning to other roles in the organization, especially in mid-market sales, customer success, solutions engineering, and sales operations.
- Develop Enterprise business opportunities from outbound campaigns to public sector Enterprise customers.
- Identify public sector target accounts for outbound sales campaigns
- Liaise with public sector AEs and other BDRs to work on campaigns and target accounts.
- Understand customer needs and develop trustworthy relationships.
- Meet target quota related to a number of qualified opportunities, value of sales pipeline, and closed business.
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results using Salesforce.com
- Play an active role in the creation and iteration of team processes
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Salesforce knowledge a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Prior experience as a Business Development Representative would be ideal but we are also looking for new graduates who can take on a fresh new challenge
- Ability to confidently talk to customers from different geos about their requirements and needs.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Swipe. Match. Chat.