What you'll do
VP of sales enablement will be responsible for leading the Global Sales Enablement organization, responsible for ensuring that the Sales Organization and Partners are well-equipped with the content, training, knowledge of available resources, and core curriculum necessary to effectively sell Cloudflare’s products and solutions. You will apply your deep experience, knowledge, and understanding of B2B sales and technical audiences to enable the Sales organization and Partners to sell effectively, continually improving sales productivity. This role is a highly visible leadership role within the Cloudflare organization which will have a significant impact on the long-term growth of the fast-growing Cloudflare business.
Key objectives for the Sales Enablement team are:
- Understand the key business needs across different customer segments, Geos, Industries, and Partners to develop different sales enablement programs
- Delivering high quality Enablement Programs to cover (i) product and industry knowledge to drive the development and business acumen of our sales team and Partners (ii) sales operational excellence, tools and processes to increase performance, and (iiI) specific soft and business skills
- Reduce ramp up time for AEs, SEs, CSMs, BDRs and Partners
- Increase sales Productivity
- Support the development and drive implementation of the strategy for enablement programs and tools designed to improve Sales productivity and the efficiency of our Onboarding process
- Lead and manage a high-performing team focused on the design, delivery, effectiveness, and continuous improvement of the portfolio of enablement programs, reference materials, and distribution/delivery mechanisms
- Enhance portfolio of enablement programs including onboarding; playbooks, and facilitator led training
- Manage a blended learning model to include classroom, webinars, self-paced, and event-based training, leveraging conventional and new learning technologies
- Provide thought leadership in the domain of enablement methods and delivery systems to drive innovation, best practices, and operational excellence
- Ensure team employs systematic and rigorous qualitative and quantitative analyses to determine and prioritize enablement needs, define the quantifiable relationship between training and desired outcomes; measure program effectiveness
- Be a subject matter expert in our sales process and methodology
- Ensure team members have clarity of purpose, the tools required to meet their responsibilities, and an environment conducive to diversity of thought, innovation, and personal/career growth
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 15+ years experience in enablement and sales or sales management. 10+ years of people management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters Degree or degree in Instructional Design a plus
- Strong executive presence, communication and influence skills
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable presenting in front of large groups
- Proven track record of producing and hosting educational events, driving adoption, and measuring the impact of enablement programs.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly, to new demands; a high sense of urgency
- Demonstrated leadership in delivering results with large-scale, cross-functional teams
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems and other related systems and processes
- Proven ability to lead and develop high performance teams
- Ability to conduct analyses, translate results to digestible communications including messages and presentations
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.