What you'll do
- Retrieve and analyze financial data across all legal entities
- Model potential tax accounting implications of tax planning initiatives
- Research and respond to government notices
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual journal entries and account reconciliations
- Research, analyze, quantify, and effectively communicate various tax issues
- Assist with the preparation of the U.S. federal and state income tax returns and quarterly estimated tax payments. Responsibilities include both U.S. domestic and international aspects of the preparation
- Assist with preparing monthly, quarterly and annual property tax, sales and use tax, GST/VAT and other domestic and international tax filings
- Support in the management of tax audits
- Support tax process documentation and SOX controls
- Build collaborative working relationships across the organization
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 2+ years of tax compliance and/or accounting experience with a public accounting firm or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, or finance related field
- Experience and proficiency preparing tax workpapers supporting federal and state income and non-income tax filings
- Have excellent analytical skills, ensure results are accurate and able to communicate findings in a precise and simple manner
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with strong ownership of his/her function
- Results driven with a high level of initiative, teamwork, urgency, accountability and integrity
- Demonstrates hands-on willingness to accept challenging projects outside areas of experience
- Hard working, quick learner with a positive ‘can do' attitude
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent organizational, technical, analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Problem solving skills, and are an independent thinker and self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience with Netsuite, Avalara, and/or Blackline
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos