Field Outbound Business Development Representative
Cloudflare, Austin, TX
Help us build a better Internet
About the Role
The Field Business Development Representative (BDR) program is a 18 to 24 month program in which you will
- Create excellent customer experiences with Field Accounts
- Learn customer-centric sales skills
- Become an expert in Cloudflare's product
- Upon completion of this program, team members have opportunities to move into roles across the organization, especially in mid-market sales, customer success, solutions engineering, and sales operations.
Day in the Life of a Field Outbound BDR at Cloudflare
- Own and operate your individual sales pipeline
- 100% of your effort will be breaking into Field Accounts
- Focus 90% on outbound sales, while balancing 10% inbound and marketing-generated leads within Territory
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders (account executives, marketing, sales operations, fellow BDRs)
- Help lead BDR team wide campaigns (we’re a collaborative group)
- Identify target Field accounts with strategic timing and strong use cases
- Write emails and letters you’d love to open; make calls you’d love to receive; ask compelling questions
- Meet target quota related to the number of qualified opportunities, the value of sales pipeline, and revenue
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results using SFDC
- Play an active role in the creation and iteration of team processes
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Technology savvy
- Experience in outbound prospecting to field accounts
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit, self-reliant; ability to navigate large complex accounts with little direction
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms and the internet security market
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Treat your team members with respect and compassion
- Empathy and technical curiosity
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
The social news and entertainment company.