Security Engineer, Detection and Response (London)
Cloudflare, London, UK
Help us build a better Internet
About the Department
Information Security at Cloudflare is a focused team committed to helping secure both Cloudflare and our customers. The Detection and Response team is responsible for engineering the systems and programs needed to protect our company and customers from real world threats.
About the Role
We are looking for experienced Security Engineers to join our Detection and Response team. You will perform threat modeling of complex systems and infrastructure, and build detections and SOAR (security orchestration, automation and response) workflows to detect and respond to security threats. You will lead security incident response, and apply those experiences to our prevention and response strategies. As a part of a larger Security organisation, you’ll be working across product, engineering and security teams to influence and drive security measures.
- Participate in the security incident response process.
- Monitor and build tooling around threat feeds
- Design and Build automation around the incident response process
- Act as a first responder to both internal and external notifications
- Detect and remediate security incidents.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure logs are standardized and available.
- Communicate risk to both technical and non-technical leaders across the business.
- 3+ years of experience in leading tier 2 or tier 3 Incident Response using data analytics and system forensics in production and corporate environments
- Expertise in broad range of security products like EDR, Network traffic analysis, Email Security Gateway, SASE, public cloud security etc
- Proficient with building detection rules and SOAR automations on SIEM platforms like Splunk, IBM QRadar etc
- Experience “threat hunting”, i.e. using threat intel to proactively and iteratively investigate these potential risks and finding suspicious behaviour in the network.
- Intimate knowledge of attacker methodologies and techniques
- Experience in malware reverse engineering on Windows and macOS
- Proficient in programming in Python and/or Golan
- Experience building detections on Linux systems using auditd, osquery etc.
- Familiarity with disk forensics using tools and libraries like LiME, Encase, Recon, etc
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Jobs You May Like