Sales Manager, Strategic Vertical - Gaming/iGaming
Cloudflare, London, UK
Help us build a better Internet
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month, which is nearly 10 percent of all Internet requests worldwide. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. We are working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us!
About the Department
Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, and Customer Success - all working together to help our customers adopt Cloudflare and build great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers take on real, technical problems while building the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
About the Role
You will lead a team of dynamic, diverse, and seasoned Account Executives focussed on helping scale our new business revenues across SMB, Mid-Market, and Enterprise accounts in the Gaming & iGaming verticals across Southern, Central Eastern European, CIS, Russian and other emerging markets. As a first line manager you will i) coach your AEs and act as the first line of support on day-to-day matters plus deal strategy ii) work with SalesOps, Management, Marketing, Partners, BDRs and other sales functions to drive and iterate on/improve Cloudflare’s Sales Go-To-Market, brand awareness, and adoption in this key and strategic market segment for our business, and iii) help attract, hire, and ramp-up high-performing Account Executives to hit sales targets and drive company goals.
- Meet and exceed team quarterly and annual quotas
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of verticals’ focussed Account Executives
- Provide day-to-day deal support and functional guidance to your AEs
- Source, interview, and recruit top sales talent in coordination with recruiting and your sales leader
- Own and drive accurate and up-to-date AE KPI reporting in SFDC for your team and provide pipeline and attainment forecast guidance to sales management on a weekly basis
- Help define ideal AE profile for your market segment
- Help on-board and ramp up vertical AEs
- Help foster relationships between customer/partner executives and CF execs within key customer accounts
- Devise and lead quarterly business reviews/kickoffs reporting on the overall health of the Gaming + iGaming business
- Bubble up product/other asks critical to our success in the Gaming & iGaming verticals to product/senior leadership; help with prioritizing roadmap
- Set the bar and best practices when it comes to data-driven new business sales
- Document functional best practices and work with Sales Enablement to develop AE sales playbooks for both core and new products
- Work with Regional/Global Sales Management, Marketing, Partners, SalesOps, and necessary Sales functions to devise and implement strategies to drive up Cloudflare’s brand awareness, pipeline, and revenues in target markets
- 8+ years experience in new business sales; significant experience selling to gaming, igaming and/or similar vertical customers across assigned regions
- Deep understanding of market dynamics, emerging trends, competitor, and partner landscapes within target verticals
- Prior sales line management experience highly preferred
- Experience directly managing a pipeline of complex, large deals
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal, with confidence to develop and present ideas to varying levels of audiences
- Deep understanding of the sales process as it relates to Enterprise, Mid-Market, & SMB companies
- Hands-on leader that strikes a balance between strategic vision and tactical execution
- SaaS and Performance/Security experience highly preferred
- Salesforce and systems knowledge
- Excellent project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
Help the world share their story