At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Cloudflare is looking for a Community Manager to join our team, focusing on building and evolving our social presence across Asia Pacific. In this role, you’ll be the digital face of the company and a key partner and advisor to teams across the company that want to connect with our community.
This is a role that will work with many teams at Cloudflare, helping to find and tell stories that matter to our online audiences in Asia Pacific. The speed, the technical accuracy and the respect you share with the community every day is at the core of whether a prospect or customer chooses to be a Cloudflare advocate. You play a major role because Cloudflare is a deeply authentic brand that aims to differentiate by the high quality of each customer interaction. You come with high standards of social posting etiquette and have direct examples of how to resonate a great brand online and tailor content for regional audiences.
As a rapidly-growing public company, this is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding Communications team and to help continue building Cloudflare’s story.
What you will do:
- Manage deployment and maintenance of Cloudflare social media properties
- Be the face of Cloudflare in key rapid response social channels like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Spearhead Cloudflare’s presence on additional Asia Pacific-specific social channels
- Identify the right local channels to help penetrate non-English speaking markets
- Provide relevant insights in technical industry forums like StackExchange and HackerNews, and manage Cloudflare’s presence on popular review/comparison sites
- Coordinate localized communications across Asia Pacific social channels and the Cloudflare blog
- Synthesize feedback across community channels for internal reporting to key stakeholders
- Continually expand the social pie by finding new social channels to get engagement
- Influence and guide engagement by employees with the community
- Manage relationships with key social intelligence vendors
What you will bring:
- Immense curiosity to learn every intricacy about Cloudflare's business and our expanding feature set
- Experience with localizing social media strategy for Asian markets
- Tech savviness to relate effectively with our technical audience
- Strong written skills and wisdom about the nuances of a great digital body language
- Direct experience in expanding both company managed communities and third party online communities
- Basic SEO knowledge to ensure that social postings complement Cloudflare's SEO footprint
- Functional understanding of one or more of the following languages: Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean
- Background in web security, web performance, networking or edge services
- Experience communicating to a global audience
- JIRA is one of your happy places
- You are a Cloudflare customer for your own personal domain
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Cloudflare is the simplest way to make websites faster, safer and smarter. Millions of websites have signed up for our service, including large enterprises, major consumer destinations, and government agencies. With offices in San Francisco and London, Cloudflare operates a highly-available global network that has security measures built into every layer and regularly clocks in lightning-fast speeds.
We're on a mission to build a better web - and we need smart, talented people to join our team. Our team works on the forefront of leading technologies including nginx, Go and Lua programming languages. We're a strong supporter of the open source community and regularly share our technology learnings at https://blog.cloudflare.com.
Want to learn more about Cloudflare? Visit Cloudflare's website.
See jobs at Bluecore