Senior Sales Engineer
CloudHealth Technologies, San Francisco, CA
See jobs at CloudHealth Technologies
- Work in conjunction with the sales team as a key technical advisor and advocate for the CloudHealth platform while mapping value to the prospect’s needs.
- Implement strategies to improve trial win rates, beat the competition, and develop stronger technical buyer relationships.
- Contribute to, and employ, best practices in the execution of trials.
- Develop and deliver engaging demonstrations in collaboration with our Sales, Marketing and Training Teams to both business and technical users.
- Understand and implement technical sales strategies based on competitive selling, especially in larger enterprises, i.e. Fortune 500.
- Understand and manage complex the technical sales process in a complex IT environment with multiple departments and stakeholders.
- Partner with Product Marketing on effective strategies to manage and deliver demonstrations, maintain demo environments, and respond to RFPs.
- Present to prospects, customers and partners, at external events, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Ensure timely entry of data into internal business support solutions.
- Contribute to systems and tools to provide key business information and metrics to highlight performance and effectiveness.
- 7+ years experience at B2B software (ideally SaaS) company in a pre-sales engineering role selling into both enterprise and commercial accounts globally.
- An understanding of ITSM eco-systems and prominent solutions within them, such as: DataDog, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, New Relic, ServiceNow, AlertLogic etc.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or equivalent cloud, and Datacenter experience with knowledge of hypervisors like VMWare.
- The ability to take complex pieces of technology and explain them in a simple and easy to understand way.
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity, great problem solving skills and passion for continuous improvement.
- Previous experience working with/presenting to executive level prospects and customers.
- Experience with modern technical selling best practices and selling in a competitive environment, including implementing new or improved trial, demo, and RFP process.
- Proven track record of success in a fast growing and scaling business.A Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred (but not required)
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability /navigate spreadsheets to identify trends, outliers, correlations and reconciliation needs across large data sets.
- Good practical understanding of cloud-centric architectures.
- Comfort level working in a metric-driven environment, including reporting on and improving business performance against a set of monthly KPIs and metrics.
About CloudHealth Technologies
CloudHealth, the recognized worldwide leader in the growing Cloud Service Management industry, provides integrated reporting, recommendations and active policy management to help companies control the problems associated with “cloud chaos.” Our comprehensive platform gives enterprise companies and MSPs the ability to visualize, optimize and govern their cloud and hybrid environments. By providing analysis and deep insight into historical trends, capacity planning, resource optimization and resource automation, CloudHealth enables stakeholders ranging from C-level executives to engineers, cloud specialists, architects, IT directors and LOB managers to improve performance and drive value through their cloud ecosystems. Well-known organizations that rely on CloudHealth’s capabilities and expertise include Amtrak, Dow Jones, Acquia, and Sumo Logic, among others. Based in Boston, the company is backed by Kleiner Perkins, Meritech Capital Partners, Sapphire Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, .406 Ventures and Sigma Prime Ventures.
Want to learn more about CloudHealth Technologies? Visit CloudHealth Technologies's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.