Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak 30 languages.
Our mission at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation”. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Google and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
Our Edinburgh office is located in the centre of Edinburgh’s old town, nestled at the foot of the ancient hill of Arthur’s Seat and the beautiful modern buildings that house the Scottish Parliament.
What does the AgileOps team do ?
AgileOps consists of DevOps Engineers who help our enterprise customers implement their public cloud platform using the bleeding edge of open source tools and DevOps best practices.
Working onsite with customer (4 days a month) or in our office in Edinburgh, our DevOps Engineers act as a technical backbone to their customers, providing expert technical support, advice and helping them with all technical aspects of their Public Cloud implementation, whilst working in a best practice model.
Our DevOps Engineers build strong relationships with customers Development and Product teams along with building and managing solutions that follow the DevOps best practice model: Automation, Collaboration, Insight and development.
How will you spend your days ?
- Learn, Learn and Learn! A massive part of your role will be keeping up to date with Public Cloud and Open source technologies, with the full backing from Cloudreach!
- You will develop a strong culture of technical excellence and solid DevOps skills within our customer’s teams as well as within your team in Cloudreach
- You will always have Automation at the forefront of your mind and creating tooling when no solution exists yet!
- You will work with your DevOps Engineering Lead to recognise areas for improvement within customer environments around automation, CI-CD, and platform reliability and implement the recommendations
- Selecting appropriate technologies and implementing best practice according to task requirements as well of customer requirements
- Be an ambassador for both the DevOps culture and Cloudreach!
What kind of career progression can you expect ?
- We are growing massively and there are huge opportunities for professional development across all of our Business Units. Within AgileOps, there are opportunities to move into Technical Team Leadership, Management, Service Delivery and many others. For someone with loads of energy and ambition, the sky’s the limit!
- There are also huge opportunities and exciting challenges in applying your skills to the largest and most complex infrastructure to ever move onto a public cloud environment.
- We have offices all over Europe and and North America so if you ever fancied trying a new country on for size, we would love to help you do that.
How to stand out ?
- We put aptitude, capability and passion for technology way, way ahead of specific education or experience, but experience in a DevOps environment would be a plus.
- Proficiency in languages such as Python, Ruby, Golang, Java.
- Advanced understanding of Windows or Linux operating systems.
- Strong configuration management knowledge (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and automated testing using tools such as ServerSpec and TestKitchen.
- Proven CI/CD experience (Bamboo, Jenkins, GoCD, Hudson).
- Containerisation tooling experience (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, CoreOS, CloudFoundry).
- Experience with version control (SVN, Git, BitBucket) including pipelines.
- Knowledge of Public Technologies such as Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Be highly motivated, proactive and obsessive about continuous improvement.
What are our cloudy perks?
- MacBook Pro, big screen monitor, and a smartphone (you will have to choose between Galaxy or iPhone - make the right choice !).
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture: our people are diverse, passionate and easy to work with.
- Enjoy our uncapped holiday policy and your birthday off.
- Our Season Ticket Loan will make your daily commute less expensive.
- Cloudy University: our continuous learning platform that will provide training and career development opportunities.
- Our office in the Tun is filled with free drinks and snacks, an Xbox One and big screen TV, pool table, foosball, bean bags and sofas.
- “Cloudy Lunch” where every Friday we take over a local restaurant. Enjoy, it’s on us!
- Discount on private healthcare scheme and gym membership. Stakeholder pension with shared employee and employer contribution.
- We kick-off every new financial year by getting together in a cool secret destination in Europe.
We believe tomorrow's leaders will be those who take advantage of cloud technologies to beat the competition. Cloudreach's mission is to enable this outcome through intelligent and innovative cloud adoption by providing capabilities to enable, integrate and operate cloud platforms.
Want to learn more about Cloudreach? Visit Cloudreach's website.
Jobs You May Like
Quality Systems Director
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Taiwan)
Technology Support Specialist II
Accuweather, Headquarters - State College, PA
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Senior Software Engineer / Technical Lead
Tapad, New York
Software Engineer - TeleOps
Zoox, Foster City, CA