Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak 30 languages.
Our mission at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation”. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Salesforce and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
We’ve just moved! Our new Edinburgh office is located in the centre of Edinburgh’s old town, nestled at the foot of the ancient hill of Arthur’s Seat and the beautiful modern buildings that house the Scottish Parliament.
What does the Cloud Operations team do ?
Cloud Operations are our team of superhuman Engineers who support our customer’s cloud infrastructure as a managed service.
We have an awesome Bimodal service that offers our customers peace of mind with enterprise level, ITIL driven support, as well as offer all the agile, funky advantages that DevOps and Automation provides. They get their hands dirty across a wide range of technologies including AWS, Azure, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, Splunk, Lambda and and many more.
Our DevOps Engineers work with some of the largest, most complex infrastructure in the world. They help our customers build fully automated, scalable and robust infrastructure while liaising with the customer’s Development and Operations teams to identify areas for optimisation in a continuous improvement phase.
How will you spend your days ?
- You will endeavour to understand & document customer environments and identify areas for improvement.
- You will develop a strong culture of technical excellence and solid DevOps skills within our customer’s teams
- You will design and implement new services based on customer requirements
- You will be obsessive about reliability. We can’t say that enough. A lot of your day should be spent promoting practices that increase the site reliability of customer services, and ensure it’s not too easy to trash their stack.
- You will collaborate with our customers to ensure they have a full understanding of environment dynamics including but not limited to the services, deployments, and infrastructure.
- And you will always act as a super charged ambassador to Cloudreach proving to our customers that we are the experts in all things DevOps and public cloud.
What kind of career progression can you expect ?
- We are growing massively and there are huge opportunities for professional development across all of our Business Units. Within Cloud Operations, there are opportunities to move into Technical Team Leadership, Management, Service Delivery and many others. For someone with loads of energy and ambition, the sky’s the limit!
- There are also huge opportunities and exciting challenges in applying your skills to the largest and most complex infrastructure to ever move onto a public cloud environment.
- We have offices all over Europe and and North America so if you ever fancied trying a new country on for size, we would love to help you do that.
How to stand out ?
- We put aptitude, capability and passion for technology way, way ahead of specific education or experience, but experience in a DevOps environment would be a plus.
- Proficiency in languages such as Python, Ruby, Golang, Java.
- Advanced understanding of Windows or Linux operating systems.
- Strong configuration management knowledge (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and automated testing using tools such as ServerSpec and TestKitchen.
- Proven CI/CD experience (Bamboo, Jenkins, GoCD, Hudson).
- Containerisation tooling experience (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, CoreOS, CloudFoundry).
- Experience with version control (SVN, Git, BitBucket) including pipelines.
- Knowledge of, or ideally certifications in IaaS platforms like Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Be highly motivated, proactive and obsessive about continuous improvement.
What are our cloudy perks?
- MacBook Pro, big screen monitor, and a smartphone (you will have to choose between Galaxy or iPhone - make the right choice !).
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture: our people are diverse, passionate and easy to work with.
- Enjoy our uncapped holiday policy and your birthday off.
- Our Season Ticket Loan will make your daily commute less expensive.
- Cloudy University: our continuous learning platform that will provide training and career development opportunities.
- Our office in the Tun is filled with free drinks and snacks, an Xbox One and big screen TV, pool table, foosball, bean bags and sofas.
- “Cloudy Lunch” where every Friday we take over a local restaurant. Enjoy, it’s on us!
- Discount on private healthcare scheme and gym membership. Stakeholder pension with shared employee and employer contribution.
- We kick-off every new financial year by getting together in a cool secret destination in Europe.
We believe tomorrow's leaders will be those who take advantage of cloud technologies to beat the competition. Cloudreach's mission is to enable this outcome through intelligent and innovative cloud adoption by providing capabilities to enable, integrate and operate cloud platforms.
Want to learn more about Cloudreach? Visit Cloudreach's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineering Intern (Audio Tools)
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Quality Systems Manager
Zoox, San Carlos, CA
Acquia, Toronto, CAN
Head of Technical Operations
Moat, New York
Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Lab IT Engineer
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA