Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak 30 languages.
Our mission at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation”. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Salesforce and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
We’ve just moved! Our new Edinburgh office is located in the centre of Edinburgh’s old town, nestled at the foot of the ancient hill of Arthur’s Seat and the beautiful modern buildings that house the Scottish Parliament.
What does the Cloud Operations team do ?
Cloud Operations are our team of superhuman Engineers who support our customer’s cloud infrastructure as a managed service.
We have an awesome BiModal service that offers our customers peace of mind with enterprise level, ITIL driven support, as well as offer all the agile, funky advantages that DevOps and Automation provides. They get their hands dirty across a wide range of technologies including AWS, Azure, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, Splunk, Lambda and and many more.
Our DevOps team work with some of the largest, most complex infrastructure in the world. The focus of the DevOps Engineering Lead will be to ensure and advise on the technical design of solutions provided to our customers, ensuring DevOps pillars are upheld, and that necessary project and technical knowledge is shared among team members. The Lead will also talk with customers to suggest technical and process improvements, advise on standards, methods, tools, and applications relevant to the specialisms required for providing an Agile Ops service to a customer.
How will you spend your days ?
- You will take ultimate technical responsibility for the way you and your DevOps Engineers (typically a team of 4) are providing our Agile Operations Team service to customers, to ensure strong reliability, security, and scalability of the Customer’s cloud environment.
- You will be obsessive about reliability. We can’t say that enough. A lot of your day should be spent promoting practices that increase the site reliability of customer services, and ensure it’s not too easy to trash their stack.
- You would work with your DevOps Engineers to review designs for new tooling, systems and configuration to ensure that what we implement is fit for purpose (best practise, robust, but not over engineered).
- You will work with your DevOps Engineers to promote continual technical and process improvement.
- Provide cover for your DevOps Engineers (get hands on, and pick up ongoing stories and tasks) when your Engineers are on holiday, or unable to work.
- Promote personal growth within your DevOps team including experimentation with new bleeding-edge technologies.
What kind of career progression can you expect ?
- We are growing massively and there are huge opportunities for professional development across all of our Business Units. Within Cloud Operations, there are opportunities to move into, Technical Team Leadership, Management, Service Delivery and many others. For someone with loads of energy and ambition, the sky’s the limit!
- There is also huge opportunities and exciting challenges in applying your skills to the largest and most complex infrastructure to ever move onto a public cloud environment.
- We have offices all over Europe and and North America so if you ever fancied trying a new country on for size, we would love to help you do that.
How to stand out ?
- You would ideally have 4+ years relevant experience in related roles in software engineering or providing multi-tier operational support.
- You will show the ability to communicate with both technical and business stakeholders to uncover issues before they become a real problem.
- You will be capable of becoming a “trusted advisor” to your customers in respect of DevOps best practices, technology and process choices.
- You will have experience leading a team of developers or engineers.
- You will have recognised proficiency with cloud services such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Compute, and be certified to at least AWS Associate Developer or Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions [70-534] level.
- You would have containerisation tooling knowledge (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, CloudFoundry).
- You will have advanced Linux and/or Windows systems knowledge.
- You will be proficient with version control technologies and pipelines (SVN, Git, BitBucket).
- You will have experience with agile collaboration/project management process and tools (Scrum, Jira etc).
- You can show excellent planning and communication skills, with a view to interacting with customer development and product teams.
What are our cloudy perks?
- MacBook Pro, big screen monitor and a smartphone (you will have to choose between Galaxy or iPhone - make the right choice !).
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture: our people are diverse, passionate and easy to work with.
- Enjoy our uncapped holiday policy and your birthday off.
- Our Season Ticket Loan will make your daily commute less expensive.
- Cloudy University: our continuous learning platform that will provide training and career development opportunities.
- Our office in the Tun is filled with free drinks and snacks, an Xbox One and big screen TV, pool table, foosball, bean bags and sofas.
- “Cloudy Lunch” where every Friday we take over a local restaurant. Enjoy, it’s on us!
- Discount on private healthcare scheme and gym membership. Stakeholder pension with shared employee and employer contribution.
- We kick-off every new financial year by getting together in a cool secret destination in Europe.
We believe tomorrow's leaders will be those who take advantage of cloud technologies to beat the competition. Cloudreach's mission is to enable this outcome through intelligent and innovative cloud adoption by providing capabilities to enable, integrate and operate cloud platforms.
Want to learn more about Cloudreach? Visit Cloudreach's website.
Jobs You May Like
Systems Engineer (Totems)
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
IT Support Specialist
Addepar, Salt Lake City, UT
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Fullstack Software Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, United States
DNAnexus, Mountain View
Senior Software Engineer, Extensibility
Okta, San Francisco, CA or San Jose, CA