Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 8 countries and speak over 35 languages.
Our purpose at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation”. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of Public Cloud. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Google and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
Which team will you be part of?
As a Cloud Data Engineering Lead, you are part of the Cloud Enablement team. You will form the core of Cloudreach’s new Data Engineering capability. We currently help customers of all shapes and sizes in their public Cloud Adoption journey, alongside infrastructure as code, DevOps automation and Operational governance experts.
What will your role be?
The purpose of a Cloud Data Engineer Lead is to enable data scientists and analysts to gain insights into data by architecting and implementing data-driven cloud based solutions. At Cloudreach, you will be a subject matter expert and will be responsible for the technical leadership for data ingestion and processing engagements. A good understanding of cloud platforms and prior experience working with big data tooling and frameworks is required.
You will articulate the vision and confidently communicate with all stakeholder levels: Cloudreach, Customer, 3rd Parties and Partners - both verbal and written. You are able to identify core messages and act quickly and appropriately.
- Build technical solutions required for optimal ingestion, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using open source, AWS, Azure or GCP ‘big data’ frameworks and services.
- Work with the product and software team to provide feedback surrounding data-related technical issues and support for data infrastructure needs uncovered during customer engagements / testing.
- Understand and formulate processing pipelines of large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Working alongside Cloud Data Architects, Cloud Data Engineers, Cloud System Developers and Cloud Enablement Manager to implement Data Engineering solutions
- Collaborating with the customer’s data scientists and data stewards during workshop sessions to uncover more detailed business requirements related to data engineering
- This is a client facing position working on client sites. You must be willing to travel.
What are we looking for?
The Cloud Data Engineering Lead has extensive experience working with big data tools and supporting cloud services, a pragmatic mindset focused on translating functional and non-functional requirements into viable architectures, leading a highly skilled team on engagements that implement complex and innovative data solutions for clients.
In addition, the Cloud Data Engineering Lead thrives in a collaborative and agile environment with an ability to learn new concepts easily. Your skills and traits will include but not be limited to:
- Experience with streaming data ingestion and identifying when streaming is appropriate
- Proficient with scheduling bulk data ingest pipelines & glueing data systems together
- Designing appropriate bucket & folder structure
- Experience with NoSQL data storage, i.e. identifying key schemas & configuring partitioning, as well as lifting and shifting existing databases into Cloud
- Experience with relational data storage, i.e. designing & creating SQL data schemas to store structured data, as well as managing schema changes using automated tooling
- Good understanding of data cataloguing, data governance & data infrastructure
- Skilled in Data Software Engineering, i.e. translating customer ETL requirements into code & creating dashboards and visualisations
- Experience with Data Visualisation, using tools such as Tableu, ClickView, Looker, AWS QuickSight/GCP Datalab/Azure Power BI
- Deployment & Automation experience, i.e. automating the creation of data stores, ingestion pipelines and ETL pipelines
Demonstrable working experience:
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills, i.e. experience with technically nurturing junior peers to advance their knowledge of different processes for the successful delivery of Infrastructure projects
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Delivering production scale data engineering solutions leveraging one or more cloud services
- Confidently taking responsibility for the technical output of a project
- Ability to quickly pick up new skills and learn on the job
- Comfortably working with various stakeholders such as data scientists, architects and other developers
What are our cloudy perks?
- MacBook Pro and a smartphone (you will have to choose between Galaxy or iPhone - make the right choice !)
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture: our people are diverse, passionate and easy to work with.
- Enjoy our uncapped holiday policy and your birthday off.
- Cloudy University: our continuous learning platform that will provide training and career development opportunities.
- Monthly meal vouchers which you can use at local restaurants and supermarkets and Cloudy Lunch on Fridays. Enjoy, it's on us!
- Private medical and dental care package in addition to the German statutory health care.
- We kick-off every new financial year by getting together in a cool destination worldwide.
We believe tomorrow's leaders will be those who take advantage of cloud technologies to beat the competition. Cloudreach's mission is to enable this outcome through intelligent and innovative cloud adoption by providing capabilities to enable, integrate and operate cloud platforms.
Want to learn more about Cloudreach? Visit Cloudreach's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineering Intern - Fall 2019
Wish, San Francisco, California
Solutions Architect - Application Transformation
Pivotal Software, Boston, Massachusetts
Confluent, San Francisco Bay Area, California
Palantir Technologies, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Intern - Software Engineering
Starsky Robotics, San Francisco
Software Engineer UI/Accessibility
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA