Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 8 countries and speak over 35 languages.
Our purpose at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation”. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of Public Cloud. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Google and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
Which team will you be part of?
As a Cloud Software Engineering Lead, you are part of the Cloud Enablement team. You will form the core of Cloudreach’s new Application Modernisation capability. We currently help customers of all shapes and sizes in their public Cloud Adoption journey. Alongside existing roles with expertise in public cloud Infrastructure as Code, Automation, Agile practices and Operational governance.
What will your role be?
You will have shared responsibility with the Cloud Software Architect to shape the foundation services required to successfully and consistently deliver to application modernisation to cloud clients. You will act as a technical and strategic mentor to the Cloud Software Engineers community and ensure that everyone is on track to maximise their potential, that the organisation as a whole is aligned with consulting capabilities and that the role develops progressively.
- To establish Application Modernisation Foundation Services, the Software Development framework and Platform, utilising Test Automation, CI/CD and other relevant best practices.
- You will shape the team to modernise existing applications into bleeding edge highly decoupled and resilient cloud-native microservices running in containers.
- Establish relationships with the focus of sharing experience and skills focused on elevating the entire team
- Lead regular (bi-weekly/monthly) sync meetings with team members to support career progression in relation to the role KPIs in a mentoring and coaching capacity
- Promote and facilitate development of others
- Present at annual speaking blocks internally in the company and externally about topics where Cloud Consultants advice, engage and operate
- Coordinate and lead development of processes, templates and tooling for reusability
- Escalation handling internally and externally
- Be point of contact cross BU to execute on engagements
- Bridge gaps and facilitate ongoing conversations with Commercial teams and Cloud Enablement community
- Coordinate and ensure that commercial feedback-loop is established with Solutions Architect team around pricing and effort levels for projects
What are we looking for?
You’ll be self starting and autonomous, with decision making responsibility around toolset selection on shaping the required foundation services. A great software engineer lead has a strong technical background and excellent IT skills.
- At least 1 major programming language (C#, C++, Java).
- Solid familiarity with at least one Relational or NoSQL database technology.
- Familiarity with at least one messaging technology.
- Solid Agile or Kanban methodology experience.
- Experience using existing libraries, frameworks, and RESTful APIs to create complex applications.
- Ideally 3+ years leading a Software Team with Enterprise clients.
- Strong fundamental quality driven software engineering skills.
- Demonstrable fluency of best practice in Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD, CI and CD.
- A rich breadth of experience in testing web, API and mobile fundamentals.
- Demonstrable line management experience (best practice, reviews, training) in a Software team delivering to external clients.
- Refinement, Sprint Planning, Estimates, Retrospectives, Demos and the Daily Scrum and Client stakeholder management experience.
You might also have:
- Ability to synthesize information and efficiently produce, update, and maintain sections of knowledge
- Demonstrable ability to teach, coach and mentor on technical topics and best practice
- Process-driven and eagerness to ensure all members adhere to those process
- Confident presenting to audiences, both internally and externally
- A strong communicator both in spoken and written form. Able to articulate ideas with assertiveness
- Soft-skills to be able to “read situations” and operate with both EQ and IQ
- Exemplify technical and strategic expertise
What are our cloudy perks?
- MacBook Pro, and a smartphone (you will have to choose between a Galaxy or iPhone - make the right choice!).
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture: our people are diverse, passionate and easy to work with.
- Enjoy our uncapped holiday policy and your birthday off.
- Cloudy University: our continuous learning platform that will provide training and career development opportunities.
- “Cloudy Lunch” where every Friday we take over a local restaurant. Enjoy, it’s on us!
- Healthcare scheme and pension.
- We kick-off every new financial year by getting together in a cool secret location in Europe
We believe tomorrow's leaders will be those who take advantage of cloud technologies to beat the competition. Cloudreach's mission is to enable this outcome through intelligent and innovative cloud adoption by providing capabilities to enable, integrate and operate cloud platforms.
Want to learn more about Cloudreach? Visit Cloudreach's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Defect Manager - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Software Engineer - CENTRE
Circle, Boston, MA
Conductor, San Francisco, CA
Principle Systems Engineer
Kurtosys, Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa
Technical Product Owner - Fulfil
Senior Data Engineer
Helix, San Carlos, CA & San Francisco, CA