Cloud Systems Developer
Cloudreach, Dallas, Norfolk, Reston, Seattle, Remote US
Information Technology and Services
Are you a passionate technologist, excited to transform the technology of industry-leading enterprises? Are you an ardent learner who is eager to make technology more efficient, scalable and cost effective? Then look no further...
Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak over 30 languages.
Our purpose at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation.” We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fueled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Google and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
What does the Cloud Enablement team do?
Our Cloud Enablement team helps provide consultative, architectural, program and engineering support for our customers' journeys to the cloud. The word 'Enablement' was chosen carefully, to encompass the idea that we support and encourage a collaborative approach to Cloud adoption, sharing best practices, helping change the culture of teams and strategic support to ensure success.
How will you spend your days ?
- Adventures in developing cloud-native distributed systems, container orchestration platforms, microservice and serverless architectures, and immutable infrastructure delivery mainly in AWS or Azure.
- Orchestration and automation of build and deployment processes, continuous integration and application configuration management.
- Using automation and configuration management tooling (Puppet, Chef, Ansible) to ensure compliance and ongoing operation of large estates.
- Migrations of legacy workloads to transform and shape them into dynamic, resilient and scalable platforms -- helping clients to make the most of the cloud.
- Working with reputable clients and stakeholders to identify requirements and take these from design through to build and beyond.
What kind of career progression can you expect ?
- You can grow into a Systems Developer Lead, a Cloud Architect, a Solution Architect or a Cloud Consultant.
How to stand out ?
- Passion and enthusiasm for technology and its adoption.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar STEM subject.
- Software development experience and/or automation in Python, Ruby, or Go -- but talk to us if you love to hack in any language.
- Experience with cloud ecosystems, from requirements analysis all the way to operations in AWS or Azure.
- You automate everything where sensible. If you had 10 servers, you wouldn’t update each one manually, right?
- Systems administration skills -- you’ll probably prefer a command line to a GUI.
- Ability to travel up to 50%-70% any given month.
What are our cloudy perks?
- A MacBook Pro and latest iphone or google pixel
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture where we work hard and play hard
- Uncapped holidays and your birthday off
- Spot bonus based on your and the company’s performance
- We provide world-class technical training and career development opportunities through our own Cloudy Uni such as Professional AWS Accreditations, Microsoft Accreditations etc.
- Centrally-located offices
- Fully stocked in-office kitchen and team ‘cloudy’ lunches, taking over a restaurant or two every Friday. There are also cool office amenities like ping pong tables and shuffleboard.
- Working with a collaborative, social team and growing your skills faster than you will anywhere else.
- Quarterly kick-off events at cool destinations
We believe tomorrow's leaders will be those who take advantage of cloud technologies to beat the competition. Cloudreach's mission is to enable this outcome through intelligent and innovative cloud adoption by providing capabilities to enable, integrate and operate cloud platforms.
Want to learn more about Cloudreach? Visit Cloudreach's website.
Jobs You May Like
Professional Services Sr. Project Manager
Cherwell Software, Dallas, TX
ThirdLove, Cordoba, Argentina
Senior Build Engineer - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL or Sunnyvale, CA
Software Test Engineer
Qualtrics , Krakow
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Senior Android Engineer
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco