Cloud Systems Developer Lead
Reach New Heights
As the leading cloud solutions provider, we’re on a mission to elevate technology and people so you can reach new heights.
Yes, you. Empowering people to keep growing, learning and succeeding is what we do for our customers and colleagues alike.
As a Cloudreacher you’ll belong to a diverse and dynamic growing global community, play an integral role in shaping an industry at the forefront of technological transformation, and receive constant opportunities to progress in your career.
We passionately believe that innovation is something that’s lived and breathed. Our culture isn’t a nice-to-have but key to who we are and what we can deliver. When we look ahead, we see a bright future.
You too? Let’s talk.
Which team will you be part of?
Our Cloud Enablement team helps provide consultative, architectural, program and engineering support for our customers' journeys to the cloud. The word 'Enablement' was chosen carefully, to encompass the idea that we support and encourage a collaborative approach to cloud adoption, sharing best practices, helping change the culture of teams and strategic support to ensure success.
What will your role be?
- Adventures in developing cloud-native distributed systems, container orchestration platforms, microservice and serverless architectures, and immutable infrastructure delivery mainly in AWS or Azure.
- Orchestration and automation of build and deployment processes, continuous integration and application configuration management.
- Using automation and configuration management tooling (Puppet, Chef, Ansible) to ensure compliance and ongoing operation of large estates.
- Migrations of legacy workloads to transform and shape them into dynamic, resilient and scalable platforms - helping clients to make the most of the cloud.
- Working with reputable clients and stakeholders to identify requirements and take these from design through to build and beyond.
- Acting as a technical leader and mentoring our Cloud Systems Developers on cloud based automation of continuous integration, continuous deployment of innovative solutions and industry best DevOps engineering practices.
- Providing advice, guidance and direction for questions and requests for information from other areas.
- Proactively identifying and validating areas of potential improvement where appropriate.
- This is a client facing position working on client sites for possibly extended periods. You must be willing to travel.
What are we looking for?
- Passion and enthusiasm for technology and its adoption.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar STEM subject.
- Software development experience and/or automation in Python, Ruby, or Go -- but talk to us if you love to hack in any language.
- Experience with cloud ecosystems, from requirements analysis all the way to operations in AWS or Azure.
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills i.e. experience with technically nurturing junior peers to advance their knowledge of different processes for the successful delivery of Infrastructure projects.
- You automate everything where sensible. If you had 10 servers, you wouldn’t update each one manually, right?
- Systems administration skills - you’ll probably prefer a command line to a GUI.
- Business English
What kind of career progression can you expect ?
- You can grow into a Cloud Architect or a Cloud Consultant.
- There are opportunities for relocation in our other cloudy hubs
What you’ll get:
Becoming a Cloudreacher gives you much more than a job title. We reward your skills and expertise by delivering value back, through the Cloudy Deal:
- Compensation & Wellbeing: We base your total compensation on the skills, knowledge and behaviors you bring to Cloudreach and aspire to provide flexible benefits, enabling you to achieve a work-life balance that helps you thrive.
- High Impact: We want you to make a personal impact: delivering results that help grow the business and make a difference to our customers, your colleagues and your community. otJob satisfaction at its best.
- Career Development: You'll find constant opportunities to take on new roles and grow with Cloudreach, as well as training, coaching, and continuous feedback to boost your expertise and give you career-enhancing skills.
- Culture & Engagement: We have a dynamic and inclusive working environment built for collaboration, flexibility, openness – and fun, with managers who listen, engage and empower your actions.
Recharging your batteries: When you need time to recharge, our uncapped holiday allowance will do the trick.
Feeding your mind: Expand your mind through our excellent learning platforms and become a fully-fledged Cloudreacher before you know it.
Taking care of your body: We help take care of your body through our health and wellness programmes, and sustain you throughout the day with snacks and drinks from our well-stocked kitchens.
Lifting your spirit: Our dynamic workspaces are designed to accommodate individual working styles, complete with pool tables and beanbags for more playful moments.
Giving you flexibility: You’ll feel immediately plugged in with a brand new Macbook and smartphone for the office and beyond, helping you work where and how you want.
Connecting you: Our regular Cloudy Lunches bring everyone together to bond over a plate – or two – of free food.
We strive to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination and ensure equal opportunity through our transparent recruitment process. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, disability, marital status, gender identity, race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, military status, veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic.
We believe tomorrow's leaders will be those who take advantage of cloud technologies to beat the competition. Cloudreach's mission is to enable this outcome through intelligent and innovative cloud adoption by providing capabilities to enable, integrate and operate cloud platforms.
Want to learn more about Cloudreach? Visit Cloudreach's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
Kiva, San Francisco, CA / Portland, OR
iQ Machine Learning Engineer - Krakow
Software Engineer - Controls
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Senior DevOps Engineer
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA