Cloud Systems Developer - Fast Track
Cloudreach, London, Munich, Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam
Information Technology and Services
Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak over 30 languages.
Our purpose at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation”. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Google and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
A stone’s throw from Leather Lane food market, our HQ is located in London at Chancery Lane. See what it’s like to work in our Cloudy Hub: A day in our London office
What does the Cloud Enablement team do?
Our Cloud Enablement team helps provide consultative, architectural, program and engineering support for our customers' journeys to the cloud. The word 'Enablement' was chosen carefully, to encompass the idea that we support and encourage a collaborative approach to Cloud adoption, sharing best practices, helping change the culture of teams and strategic support to ensure success.
As a Cloud Systems Developer, you will be the next wave of superhuman Cloudreach engineer, delivering projects with huge global customers and developing some of the largest, most complex infrastructure ever hosted on public cloud.
You will go through a fast track boot camp of technical sprints covering topics like AWS & Google, deployment & configuration tools, project management and customer engagement before shadowing some of our top engineers. The learning curve is high, but the payoff is fantastic!
This Fast Track program is perfect for a either an exceptional Graduate, a Systems Engineer, Systems Administrator or Software Developer who doesn’t currently get to play with the newest Cloudy tech but would love move their career in that direction.
How will you spend your days ?
- Learning, Learning, Learning. You will spend your first three months participating in one of the most comprehensive technical training schemes in the business, so put on your studying hat and/or cape.
- You will have adventures in developing cloud-native distributed systems, container orchestration platforms, microservice and serverless architectures, and immutable infrastructure delivery mainly in AWS or Azure.
- You will manage the orchestration and automation of build and deployment processes, continuous integration and application configuration management.
- You will use automation and configuration management tooling (Puppet, Chef, Ansible) to ensure compliance and ongoing operation of large estates.
- You will own the migration of legacy workloads to transform and shape them into dynamic, resilient and scalable platforms - helping clients to make the most of the cloud.
- And you will be working with our customers and their stakeholders to identify requirements and take these from design through to build and beyond.
What kind of career progression can you expect ?
- After you have finished your sprints and put a few projects under your belt, you will be one of our top notch Cloud Systems Developers. From there, we would love to support your career progression in any way that excites you! You could move into team leadership, solutions architecture, development, DevOps and many others. For someone with loads of energy and ambition, the sky’s the limit!
- We have offices all over Europe and and North America and we encourage our Cloud Systems Developers to work on projects all over the world. So if you ever fancied trying a new country on for size, we would love to help you do that.
How to stand out ?
- We put aptitude and attitude way above specific experience. You should be super keen on cloud technologies and really pro-active about your learning .
- You will have a hardcore passion for programming, with experience in at least one programming language like Python or Ruby but talk to us if you love to hack in any language. We look for people who automate everything where sensible. If you had 10 servers, you wouldn’t update each one manually, right?
- You will have some practical technical experience, either through internships, project work, employment or contributions to open source.
- You would be happy to work either independently or in small teams
- Have excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written. Speaking another european language would be super useful too.
- You will be highly ambitious with a keen business sense.
- You will be highly motivated and proactive - your attitude is key. Few people we hire are AWS experts - but they all have the drive and knowledge to learn as much as they can.
- You will be based in one of our awesome Cloudy offices around Europe (Paris, Munich, London, Edinburgh, Berlin, Amsterdam, Zurich) but willingness to travel to London initially for a 3 month period will be essential.
What are our cloudy perks?
- MacBook Pro, big screen monitor and new smartphone (you will have to choose between a Galaxy or iPhone - make the right choice !).
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture: our people are diverse, passionate and easy to work with.
- Enjoy our uncapped holiday policy and your birthday off.
- Cloudy University: our continuous learning platform that will provide training and career development opportunities.
- Our office in Chancery Lane is filled with free drinks and snacks, Xbox One, pool table, board games, bean bags and sofas.
- “Cloudy Lunch” where every Friday we take over a local restaurant. Enjoy, it’s on us!
- We kick-off every new financial year by getting together in a cool secret location in Europe. (last year was Lisbon….it was insane)
We believe tomorrow's leaders will be those who take advantage of cloud technologies to beat the competition. Cloudreach's mission is to enable this outcome through intelligent and innovative cloud adoption by providing capabilities to enable, integrate and operate cloud platforms.