Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak 30 languages.
Our mission at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation”. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Google and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
Our new Edinburgh office is located in the centre of Edinburgh’s old town, nestled at the foot of the ancient hill of Arthur’s Seat and the beautiful modern buildings that house the Scottish Parliament. See what it looks like to work in our Edinburgh hub !
What does the Cloud Operations team do ?
Cloud Operations are our team of super-human Engineers who support our customer’s cloud infrastructure as a managed service.
We have an awesome service that offers our customers peace of mind with enterprise level, ITIL driven support, as well as offer all the agile, funky advantages that DevOps and Automation provides.
The Managed Application team is our new offering that will allow for support of software developed either by Cloudreach Cloud Enablement teams, Customers, or third-parties on behalf of Customer using the bleeding edge of technology!
The Managed Application Engineer is responsible for the delivery of support of software developed either by Cloudreach Cloud Enablement teams, Customers, or third-parties on behalf of Customers. They will perform in depth technical investigations and provide remediation to issues using infrastructure, DevOps, and software development skills.
How will you spend your days?
- Resolve technical issues for Cloudreach developed and supported software solutions.
- Perform software problem-tracking, diagnosis of software bugs, root-cause analysis, bug fixes, and code deployments.
- Understand, communicate, maintain, and update application configuration and documentation.
- Document all relevant end-user interactions and steps taken to resolve incidents.
- Work closely with end-users to understand and resolve application and database issues.
- Work within standard guidelines and under supervision in order to gain practical skills.
- Identify opportunities in automating solutions for recurring patterns or tasks and communicate these to your Lead.
- Monitor and manage performance of application operations and support activity.
- Perform incident management, disaster recovery, implementation of bug fixes, feature enhancements and change requests for customers when required.
How to stand out?
- Technical experience in related roles providing support for enterpise applications
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and quickly pick up new skills and learn on the job
- Keen to understand the functioning of large and complex cloud-native applications.
- Comfortable with version control systems such as Git.
- Experience in software development using Java, Python, or C#
- Good awareness of cloud technologies from providers, such as Cloudreach, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
- Good commercial awareness and comfort level communicating with large enterprise customers.
- Good understanding of relational and nonrelational databases as well as familiarity with SQL and knowledge of popular RDBMS engines such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, CosmosDB, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Able to work on disparate software issues on a variety of technologies and platforms.
What are our cloudy perks?
- MacBook Pro, big screen monitor, and a smartphone (you will have to choose between Galaxy or iPhone - make the right choice !).
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture: our people are diverse, passionate and easy to work with.
- Enjoy our uncapped holiday policy and your birthday off.
- Our Season Ticket Loan will make your daily commute less expensive.
- Cloudy University: our continuous learning platform that will provide training and career development opportunities.
- Our office in the Tun is filled with free drinks and snacks, an Xbox One and big screen TV, pool table, foosball, bean bags and sofas.
- “Cloudy Lunch” where every Friday we take over a local restaurant. Enjoy, it’s on us!
- Discount on private healthcare scheme and gym membership. Stakeholder pension with shared employee and employer contribution.
- We kick-off every new financial year by getting together in a cool secret destination in Europe.
We believe tomorrow's leaders will be those who take advantage of cloud technologies to beat the competition. Cloudreach's mission is to enable this outcome through intelligent and innovative cloud adoption by providing capabilities to enable, integrate and operate cloud platforms.
Want to learn more about Cloudreach? Visit Cloudreach's website.
Jobs You May Like
Peloton, Secaucus Warehouse
Solutions Architect - EST
Confluent, East Coast
Client Success Manager - Enterprise
Qualtrics , Melbourne, Australia
Optician, Fashion Mall at Keystone
Warby Parker, Indianapolis, IN
Demand Planning Analyst
Brooks Running, US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Optician (Part-Time), Warby Parker Map Room
Warby Parker, Newport Beach, CA