Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak 30 languages.
Our mission at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation”. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Google and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
Our new Edinburgh office is located in the centre of Edinburgh’s old town, nestled at the foot of the ancient hill of Arthur’s Seat and the beautiful modern buildings that house the Scottish Parliament. See what it looks like to work in our Edinburgh hub !
What does the Cloud Operations team do ?
Cloud Operations are our team of super-human Engineers who support our customer’s cloud infrastructure as a managed service.
We have an awesome service that offers our customers peace of mind with enterprise level, ITIL driven support, as well as offer all the agile, funky advantages that DevOps and Automation provides.
The Managed Applications team is our new offering that will allow for support of software developed either by Cloudreach Cloud Enablement teams, Customers, or third-parties on behalf of the customer using the bleeding edge of technology!
The Managed Application Engineering Lead is expected to excel at resolving issues arising in large, complex, cloud-native applications, explain the root-cause of these issues to Engineers, and provide long-term remediations (over hot-fixes) to Software Development teams, that result in improved stability, reliability, and performance in the future.
How will you spend your days?
- Provide support to the Managed Application Engineers to help resolve difficult technical issues for Cloudreach supported applications
- Perform software problem-tracking, diagnosis of software bugs, root-cause analysis, bug fixes, and code deployments
- Ensure software configuration and documentation is kept timely and accurate
- Analyze trends in technical issues and provide input to developing short- or long-term improvements.
- Develop standard guidelines and mentor the engineers in your mini-pod to ensure they are able to learn practical skills
- Provide technical feedback and recommendations based on patterns and observations in customer production environments to the core product or development team.
- Implement or assist Managed Application Engineering in the automation of recurring patterns or tasks.
- Work with the core development teams for enhancements, software libraries bug fixes, software performance measurement and software system reliability
How to stand out?
- Experience in related roles providing application support and maintenance.
- Demonstrable proficiency using Java, Python, or C#
- Experience with configuration management tooling knowledge e.g. Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent awareness of cloud technologies from providers, such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
- Proficient with Git
- Excellent planning and communication skills and able to lead conversations with Cloudreach or customer development and product teams
- Strong understanding of relational and non-relational databases as well as familiarity with SQL and knowledge of popular RDBMS engines such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
What are our cloudy perks?
- MacBook Pro, big screen monitor, and a smartphone (you will have to choose between Galaxy or iPhone - make the right choice !).
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture: our people are diverse, passionate and easy to work with.
- Enjoy our uncapped holiday policy and your birthday off.
- Our Season Ticket Loan will make your daily commute less expensive.
- Cloudy University: our continuous learning platform that will provide training and career development opportunities.
- Our office in the Tun is filled with free drinks and snacks, an Xbox One and big screen TV, pool table, foosball, bean bags and sofas.
- “Cloudy Lunch” where every Friday we take over a local restaurant. Enjoy, it’s on us!
- Discount on private healthcare scheme and gym membership. Stakeholder pension with shared employee and employer contribution.
- We kick-off every new financial year by getting together in a cool secret destination in Europe.
We believe tomorrow's leaders will be those who take advantage of cloud technologies to beat the competition. Cloudreach's mission is to enable this outcome through intelligent and innovative cloud adoption by providing capabilities to enable, integrate and operate cloud platforms.