Associate Cloud Operations Engineer - Night Shift
Information Technology and Services
Behind our services are our Cloudreachers.
We pride ourselves on being the go-to destination for curious, talented, and driven people looking for unique work experiences to maximize their potential. We are passionate about asking questions, finding solutions, playing with the latest tools & technology, doing our lives' work, and having fun along the way. You can learn more about our innovative culture, global workforce, and Cloudy Values on our website.
We're not content with the status quo. We're here to do things better, and then do better things.
What team will you be on?
You will be apart of a Cloud Operations team of super-human Engineers who support our customer’s cloud infrastructure as a managed service. In essence, you’ll be saving the day for our customers. Your primary focus will be ensuring the highest quality of service being delivered consistently to our managed service customers, whilst ensuring the happiness, ongoing personal development and general all round well being of our core operational specialists.
What will your role be?
The Associate Cloud Operations Engineer's main role is to delight our customers by helping resolve issues in a timely manner and always engaging in a cloudy way. They act as the first point of contact for customers calling the Service Desk, triaging calls and delegating tasks to the various teams within Cloudreach.
What are we looking for?
- A Degree in a relevant subject and/or some fantastic work experience to talk about.
- Passion for technology, in particular the Cloud. If you think “I can’t wait to get stuck into this new stuff!” This could be the best job you ever had.
- We are a top tier partner for AWS, Azure & Google Cloud so any certifications would be a big bonus.
- Autonomy - Usually follows defined procedures, but knows when a situation requires divergence from these, and when to ask for assistance.
- Collaboration - Actively shares skills and knowledge with peers and builds productive relationships.
- Incident management - Able to prioritise activities during incidents, can respond and escalate accordingly.
- Customer focus - Handles customer calls professionally and effectively, understanding the customer's goals.
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting - Uses defined tools and procedures to identify and resolve well understood categories of issues.
- Cloud - Understands basic structure of cloud platforms and how customer systems fit into them.
- Understanding of Cloud vs Datacenter - Where is the power of the cloud and how to leverage it?
- Systems engineering track - machine fundamentals, operating systems, networking, distributed systems, scripting, and solutions architecting
- Software engineering track - algorithms & data structures, languages, coding, runtimes, software system design, APIs
What are our perks?
- Meaningful and impactful work opportunities at a pioneering, cutting edge cloud services provider
- People-first mentality. We know that you and your mental health & wellbeing are #1. That’s why we give you an uncapped holiday allowance (+ your birthday off!), employee assistance programs, and resources to support your mental health & wellbeing.
- We embrace technologies that unlock agile & flexible ways of working. We respect our people to do their work when and how they work best. Work-life blend is a priority!
- Our dynamic work environment enables autonomy while also promoting a sense of belonging to a global community
- Opportunity for growth & development. Not only will you work alongside and learn from industry thought leaders, you will also be reimbursed for function-based certifications. We’re multi-cloud and proud!
- An inclusive workplace where varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view are celebrated and the individual is respected, included and empowered to bring their whole self to work
- Transparency in business updates & communications. Whether you’re on the senior leadership team or a brand new employee, you’re an integral part of the team and we’ll make sure you know what’s up
- Recognition-rich company culture where daily wins are celebrated and individuals living out our values are applauded
Working Hours: Looking for four people to work from 2:00pm-11:00pm. Looking for specific people Sunday-Thursday and two working Tuesday-Saturday.
We strive to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination and ensure equal opportunity through our transparent recruitment process. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, disability, marital status, gender identity, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, military status, veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic.
We believe tomorrow's leaders will be those who take advantage of cloud technologies to beat the competition. Cloudreach's mission is to enable this outcome through intelligent and innovative cloud adoption by providing capabilities to enable, integrate and operate cloud platforms.
Want to learn more about Cloudreach? Visit Cloudreach's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one