Senior Financial Planning Analyst
Clover Health, Remote - USA
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Finance team is responsible for accurately reporting the financial results of Clover Health and overall business activities. The team manages financial planning and analysis for external and internal reporting, including supporting company-wide goals and initiatives.
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual to join our Finance team as a FP&A Senior Analyst. As a FP&A Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for developing and managing the monthly financial reporting package for presentation to executive leadership. You will also work closely with Clover’s clinical organization to build and maintain cost models for internal clinical programs. You will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles, and attention to detail while working on numerous routine and ad-hoc projects.
As a Financial Planning & Senior Analyst, you will:
- Support the finance team’s financial planning and analysis responsibilities on a monthly basis and support ad hoc analysis as required.
- Support the annual budgeting process for the entire organization and specific cost centers.
- Provide monthly budget variance analysis yielding actionable insights to management.
- Build and maintain cost forecasting models for the clinical enterprise including new potential business lines and other initiatives.
- Build the monthly reporting package for executive leadership including identifying performance drivers and areas of concern.
- Develop and manage dashboards including Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform Return-on-Investment analysis for clinical and insurance operations teams, helping drive planning and strategic decision making.
- Partner with cost center owners to ensure accountability to SG&A and headcount targets and identify areas for savings opportunities and possible duplication.
- Perform other special ad-hoc projects and analyses as directed by management.
You will love this job if:
- You are a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- You are great at prioritizing and executing multiple tasks that adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You have excellent written and interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
- 2 years working in the healthcare space.
- 3 years experience with budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling experience.
- SQL, Access, and/or VBA skills are preferred but not required.
- Advanced in Excel and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) including Google suite.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.