Senior Data Science Analyst
Clover Health, San Francisco, CA
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Clover's Data Science team is charged with infusing data-driven insights into all parts of our organization. From understanding how our interventions impact member health to making our home visits more efficient and effective, our team shares out learnings central to executing on our core mission. Our impact is tremendous: you'll be able to point to one of our members and say, “I helped make that person's life better.”
We’re looking for a lead Data Science Analyst to help us build the data-driven heart of a modern insurance company by working alongside other Data Scientists as our resident expert on analytical data modeling and visualizations.
As a Senior Data Science Analyst, you will:
- Form close partnerships with clinical and operational stakeholders to better understand their work and domain.
- Develop, instrument, and analyze key domain metrics and outcomes.
- Scale our analytical power by clearly and accurately structuring core data into domain-specific views.
- Work side-by-side with other Data Scientists to create full-stack analytics solutions for domains.
- Help inform better decision making by building reports and dashboards that improve our understanding of domain performance.
- Convey quantified views of local domain metrics to both local stakeholders and the wider organization.
You will love this job if:
- You want to create impact with your work by finding insights in the data that unlock value and improve outcomes.
- You reason holistically. From project scope to priority to implementation, you'll have an impact on how decisions get made.
- You feel at home working autonomously in ambiguous and dynamic environments.
- You are fearless in the face of messy data, and adept at programmatically structuring and cleaning records collected from the real world.
- You strive to automate as much as possible, yet understand the value of explicitly incorporating human decisions into the systems you build.
- You have just as much interest in helping other people move faster as you do building your own analyses and have a solid track record working cross-functionally.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a strong foundation in quantitative thinking.
- You work cross-functionally with business partners to build a deep understanding of their processes.
- You have experience structuring and analyzing data to yield interpretable, actionable insights.
- You know how to simplify and communicate complex topics with data visualizations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
CX Data Scientist
Dropbox, Austin, TX
Scale & Big Data Engineer
Taboola, Tel Aviv
Principal Algorithms Designer
Reporting Data Analyst
Insight Health Data Science Fellows Program - Silicon Valley
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting June 3, 2019 - Silicon Valley
Associate Media Director