Director of Customer Experience Care
Clover Health, Jersey City, NJ
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
At Clover, we believe that a customer experience people rave about will be a primary driver of our ability to improve health outcomes for our members and effect change in the health care system. Our Customer Experience team spends every day thinking about how we can make our service and product best-in-class, and talking to our members, their caretakers, their health care providers and even their sales brokers about their needs.
As the Director of Customer Experience Care, you’ll have that direct view into how Clover is serving members, member representatives, providers, and brokers today, and what we need to do to keep innovating and providing a customer experience no one’s seen before — especially from their insurance company. You’ll manage a growing team of leaders as they support their coordinators on the front line and run programs to keep optimizing the experience Clover is delivering to each of our customer audiences. It’s all about taking care of each individual customer and looking forward to strategic opportunities to integrate and improve the Clover Experience overall.
We’re looking for a highly engaged, enthusiastic leader to join our Customer Experience Leadership Team. You will be responsible for delivering world-class service to our members/providers and excellent results for our business.
As the Director of Customer Experience Care, you will:
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight to the call centers and ensure the delivery of quality member/provider care services.
- Direct and manage external partners providing support to our customers.
- Partner with HR to develop our people policies and performance metrics.
- Direct call center management activities, set performance expectations and goals, evaluate processes and outcomes and implement improvements to support quality and efficiency.
- Provide support in developing a training approach to support desired skills acquisition, demonstration of required competencies and provision of excellent customer service through achievement of positive customer and employee satisfaction ratings.
- Ensure successful performance of the call center activities as demonstrated by customer satisfaction metrics and feedback, and achievement of productivity and quality standards.
- Lead collaborative processes with other departments to provide procedural, consultative, telephonic and technological support to call centers.
- Lead and manage the Experience team and be accountable for building and maintaining a high quality service operation that consistently meets both federal and Clover-specific standards.
- Act as a point of contact around the needs and experiences of Clover customers and the Experience Team on cross-functional efforts; work cross-functionally to build a cohesive customer experience across Clover's touch points with its members and providers.
- Supports the execution of change management efforts as they apply to Experience and customer processes, tools, and workflows.
- Develop, measure, and track KPIs for Clover's overall customer experience and those for the Experience Team, specifically.
- Working with Clover's Compliance Team, ensure regulatory compliance with all activities within Experience.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about helping others and being a patient, positive, and collaborative leader.
- You are humble and understand that as a manager of people, you are there to serve and support to ensure that every person interacting with Clover’s customers is setup for absolute success.
- You believe in agency and you find ways to preserve it and encourage confident decision making among those at every level of the Experience organization.
- You are tech and data forward: you’re used to thinking about how technology can enable better experiences and how you can use data to make better decisions.
- You can distill the needs of your customers and team members down to actionable improvements that can be made in Clover's product or procedures.
You should get in touch if:
- You have experience working in Medicare Advantage (required)
- You have strong people leadership skills, exemplary customer service experience, and great at identifying operational improvements.
- You have 5+ years of experience managing a large team, including leaders, ideally in a startup environment.
- You have experience building scalable teams and programs.
- You have impeccable communication skills, both oral and written.
- You have unwavering follow-up skills to ensure every open loop gets closed.
- You have experience working cross-functionally in a startup environment and can collaborate effectively with data scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, and others.
- You have a track record of using data to inform business decisions.
- Management & leadership of processes for continuous improvement of customer experience.
- Tactical emphasis on customer care, quality management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching & training.
- Good mix of strategic, analytical and tactical skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree (Strongly Preferred)
At Clover we take pride and focus on an individual's abilities and that all people, regardless of demographics or identity, are valued. We encourage the differences we all bring and believe those differences can help us build a strong diverse foundation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate, Training & Development (Customer Care)
HelloFresh, Newark, NJ
Accounts Support Specialist
GitHub, Remote - APAC
Customer Service Advisor, Experiences (German)
TripAdvisor, Oxford, United Kingdom
Product Manager, CRM & CX Systems
Warby Parker, New York, NY
Operations Data Intern
Braintree Payments, Chicago
Support Engineer - Hawaii
Elastic, Honolulu, HI