Primary Care Provider (Physician or NP), Clover In-Home Care
Clover Health, Jersey City, NJ
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our technology-enabled complex care programs are designed to improve care and outcomes for our most vulnerable members who have chosen to entrust their care with us as patients to our dedicated team of physicians. Clover wants to take accountability for these members' healthcare journeys and provide high-quality personalized care that is consistent with their values and preferences.
Our leading complex care offering is the Clover In-Home Care program. This program provides vulnerable members, including those with major complex chronic conditions, frailty, and advanced illness, with in-home primary care services from an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, medical assistants, and social workers. Our providers are trained in geriatrics and supportive care and are able to focus on the symptoms and conditions that matter most to complex older adults.
Our ideal PCP candidate must be deeply humanistic with strong clinical skills, excellent at communicating with patients and caregivers, detail oriented and meticulous in follow up, committed to lifelong learning, and passionate about innovation, program improvement, and team-based care. Both physicians and nurse practitioners are welcome to apply.
As a Primary Care Provider for In-Home Care you will:
- Visit Clover Health members in their homes.
- Assume primary medical responsibility for assigned patients.
- Provide person-centered care by eliciting members values and preferences and structuring care plans to reflect these desires.
- Routinely determining patients' prognoses and structuring care plans, including advanced care planning, to reflect these prognoses.
- Routinely determining primary drivers of hospitalization risk and structuring care plans to minimize these risks.
- Achieve high performance on CMS and NCQA-determined Stars and HEDIS quality metrics, respectively.
- Provide care that is consistent with medical evidence, including identified clinical protocols.
- Identify obstacles to care and medical decision-making and collaborating with the In-Home Care team to address these obstacles.
- Lead interdisciplinary team (IDT) meetings.
- Ensure execution of patient care plans by the interdisciplinary team through clinical personnel supervision and training.
- Determine the need for consultation from medical, surgical, rehabilitative, and/or psychiatric specialties.
- Determine the need for and facilitating care by an emergency department, hospital, skilled nursing facility, home health agency, hospice and/or community-based organization as appropriate and consistent with patients’ goals of care.
- Document all clinical encounters in a timely and accurate manner, including in proprietary Clover tools.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and self-improvement.
- Collaborate with the practice Medical Director and Practice Manager in efforts of continuous quality improvement.
- Collaborate with the practice Medical Director and Practice Manager in efforts to pilot new care delivery models.
- Support Clover’s efforts to establish a positive image for the In-Home Care practice in the medical community.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about helping others and practicing team-based collaborative care.
- You love developing relationships with your patients and their caregivers.
- You embrace technology and clinical protocols as a means for driving high quality clinical care.
- You are flexible and comfortable working in an evolving environment that values innovation.
- You embrace measurement and performance management to drive improved member outcomes.
- You are passionate about caring for our most vulnerable elders, including those with major complex conditions, frailty, and advanced illness.
You should get in touch if:
- For Physician (PCP) candidates only: You have a MD/DO degree and are Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family, Internal or Geriatric Medicine.
- For Nurse Practitioner (NP) candidates only: You have a BSN from an accredited program AND a master's degree in advanced clinical practice nursing or a post Master’s certificate.
- You have an active license to practice.
- You desire to work full-time or are open to working a minimum of 33 hours a week.
- You have demonstrated clinical competencies in such areas as age-specific care, cultural assessment and health education.
- You enjoy working with patients of diverse social, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- You are comfortable walking up at least 3 flights of stairs as some residences may not have elevators.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.