Primary Care Physician (PCP) - Home Care
Clover Health, Jersey City, NJ
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our first complex care offering is the Clover In-Home Primary Care program. This program provides vulnerable members, including those with major complex chronic conditions, frailty, and advanced illness, with in-home access to an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, and social workers. Our providers are trained in geriatrics and supportive care and are able to focus on the symptoms and conditions that matter most to complex older adults.
Our ideal candidate must have strong experience and comfort in managing higher acuity patients in less intensive care settings—working with patients and their caregivers to provide care that aligns with patient preferences and wishes.
We're looking for Primary Care Physicians (PCPs) who will be responsible for seeing our complex care members in the home. The Physician will assume primary medical responsibility for a panel of ~200 patients. The Physician will collaborate with an employed interdisciplinary team, population health management team and community-based agencies to establish in-home treatment plans designed to achieve the triple aim (improving the patient experience of care (including quality and satisfaction); improving population health; and reducing avoidable utilization).
If you are a physician who is deeply committed to providing high quality care, systems-oriented, tech savvy, and committed to using innovative data and technology tools to support these efforts, come join the Clover team!
As a Primary Care Physician for Complex Care you will:
- Visit patients at home as part of a house calls model.
- Take primary medical responsibility for all assigned patients.
- Identify patients’ medical and psychosocial conditions impacting health and lead an interdisciplinary team in managing these conditions.
- Coordinate consultation with medical, surgical, rehabilitative, and/or psychiatric specialties.
- Provide person-centered care by eliciting patients’ values and preferences to guide healthcare decisions.
- Provide health education and health coaching on wellness, disease prevention, chronic care management, and self-management skills to patients and personal support persons.
- Determine the need for and facilitate care by an emergency department, hospital, skilled nursing facility, home health agency, hospice and/or community-based organizations in a manner consistent with patients’ goals of care.
- Utilize available tools and technology platforms to enable effective and efficient identification and intervention of individual patients and cohorts.
- Follow population health and clinical guidelines.
- Follow CMS Regulatory and Health Plan clinical guidelines of care for patients.
- Input timely and accurate documentation of all clinical encounters.
- Provide medical administrative support as needed such as signing forms requiring physician signature.
- Participate in team performance improvement and sustainment activities to optimize team efficiency and care delivery to patients.
- Participate in multidisciplinary care planning meetings.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about helping others and being a patient, positive, and collaborative physician.
- You love clinical care and providing the best outcomes for older and frail patients.
- You are humble and understand that as a home care physician you are helping not only the patient but the family members.
- You embrace technology and clinical protocols as a means for driving high quality clinical care.
- You are nimble, and comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment. You embrace ambiguity and speed while maintaining a bias towards action.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a MD/DO degree
- You are Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family, Internal or Geriatric Medicine.
- You desire to work full-time or are open to working a minimum of 33 hours a week.
- You have demonstrated clinical competencies in such areas as age-specific care, cultural assessment and health education.
- You are passionate about caring for our most vulnerable elders, including those with major complex conditions, frailty, and advanced illness.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Accuweather, Headquarters - State College, PA
Warehouse (Air) Operations Associate
Flexport, Hong Kong Island, HK
Global Head of Trust & Safety
LimeBike, San Francisco, CA
Customer Success Manager
Global Partner Manager - Singapore
Experiences Market Manager, Southeast Asia
Airbnb, Singapore, Singapore