Engineering Manager, Clinical Programs
Clover Health, Jersey City, NJ
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover's engineering team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of engineering team and culture that we are building, seeking engineers that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
We are looking for a great engineering manager to join our Clinical Programs team, and help solve the problem of delivering specialized care to those who need it the most. You will work with healthcare professionals, operational teams, engineers, designers, data scientists and product managers to build impactful software with one goal in mind: to improve every life. Our managers take on a role that is a mix of technical leadership, people management, and company building. We're looking for people with prior experience that prepares them for this role — as engineering managers or team leads at other companies.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Collaboratively set the direction for the Clinical Programs team, clearly establishing objectives that are aligned with Clover's company-level goals.
- Be accountable for sourcing, screening, hiring, growing, and retaining talent.
- Foster a healthy, results-oriented, and inter-disciplinary culture that is the bedrock of strong teams.
- Be accountable for the team's impact: guide the team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and reliability.
- Represent the team in engineering organization-wide planning, initiatives, and processes.
- Work with leaders in other parts of the company to develop our technical roadmap and approach to solving problems that improve the healthcare experience of our members.
You will love this job if:
- You want to ship software that directly impacts the care people receive, with the aim of improving health outcomes.
- You are passionate about growing people and organizations. Helping to set your team and peers up for success through collaboration and feedback is important to you.
- You are excited by big, complicated problems and try to solve them with pragmatic, well-engineered solutions. You have a natural intellectual curiosity that drives you to find out how things work and if they can work better.
- You enjoy working in a fluid environment, defining and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
You should get in touch if:
- You are a software engineer by trade as well an experienced engineering leader with hands-on experience.
- You have led development projects and have also created the space and opportunity for other people to become leaders.
- You have worked in fast pace environments where you had to make decisions quickly under conflicting constraints, moving rapidly to meet the demands of a fast-growing company.
- You have experience with general purpose programming languages -- e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- You are able to work in different technical systems and concerns.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
GM of Messaging
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Site Reliability Engineer
Patreon, San Francisco or Select U.S. States
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Sydney, Australia
Senior/Staff Software Development Engineer in Test (Mobile)
Shape Security, Mountain View
Senior Product Manager, Wellness
Oh My Green, Burlingame, CA
Senior Software Engineer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte