Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover's engineering team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of engineering team and culture that we are building, seeking engineers that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
We are looking for software engineers that want to solve many different kinds of problems. You will work with other engineers, data scientists, and healthcare professionals building tools to improve the health of real people.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Commit to simplifying the complexities of healthcare by building systems that multiply human efforts.
- Be a pragmatic voice, collaborating across multiple teams and areas of concern.
- Dig into projects in order to build robust and easy to use APIs.
- Learn about new tools and technologies to solve problems and move our goals forward.
- Help the team define and maintain development practices that let us iterate quickly while maintaining quality — including writing tests and documenting key implementations.
- Mentor people around you, helping the entire team level up in skills.
You will love this job if:
- You are excited by big, complicated problems and try to solve them with pragmatic, well-engineered solutions. You have a natural intellectual curiosity that drives you to find out how things work and if they can work better.
- You enjoy working in a fluid, collaborative environment, defining and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are not hesitant to jump in to help fix things that are broken and you feel great responsibility to make sustainable systems. You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description.
- You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people and have a positive attitude about tackling hard problems in an important industry.
You should get in touch if:
- You have experience with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- You approach building and maintaining systems with maturity and rigor.
- You have scaled the impact of other engineers through mentorship, development of reusable libraries, and documentation.
- You are able to work in different technical systems and concerns.
- You have lead development projects, but have also value created space and opportunity for other people to become leaders.
- You have both built and refactored complex (often distributed) systems.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
SDE 2/3 - Frontend
Part Time Front End Web Development Instructor
General Assembly, Chicago
Senior Software Engineer
DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer
Everlaw, Oakland, California
White Ops, Remote