Clover is reinventing healthcare by working to keep people healthier.
Clover International is charged with leveraging our data, our most important asset, to generate value for our clients and partners. By using Clover’s expertise as a US medical insurance provider, our platform generates machine learning models and insights central to helping our clients and partners manage and improve the health of their populations. Our Data Scientists are key to improving our platform as well as helping our partners get value out of our technology.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to help us build a revolutionary new health care business internationally.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Work with our international clients and partners to define goals and identify data assets needed to deliver valuable machine learning models.
- Develop models and validation processes that help clients and partners confidently translate insights into action at scale.
- Help determine priorities by estimating the potential impact of model and feature development projects.
- Acquire and bring structure to data so that it can be easily integrated into our platform.
You will love this job if:
- You want to create impact with your work by finding insights in data that unlock value and improve outcomes.
- You have an innate customer focus and love seeing others get value out of your work.
- You have a strong understanding of how to develop and evaluate machine learning models that yield actionable results.
- You reason holistically, from project scope to priority to implementation, you want to have an impact on how decisions get made.
- You are comfortable acting autonomously in ambiguous and dynamic environments.
- You are fearless in the face of messy data, and adept at programmatically structuring and cleaning records collected from the real world.
- You strive to automate as much as possible, yet understand the value of explicitly incorporating human opinions into the systems you build.
- You have just as much interest in helping other people move faster as you do in doing your own work.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a strong foundation and extensive experience in probability, statistics, and statistical modeling or machine learning.
- You have a solid track record working cross-functionally and collaborating with engineering, product, and commercial teams.
- You have experience working collaboratively with customers either in a forward deployment/sales engineering or consulting capacity.
- You have experience with Python and SQL.
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the Data Scientist role.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Frontend Engineer - Taboola Labs
Taboola, Tel Aviv
Data Scientist - Inference, China
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Data Science Manager
Airbnb, Seattle, United States
UncommonGoods, Brooklyn, NY
Scientist - In Vitro Retinal Models
Deep Genomics, Toronto, Ontario
Software Engineer - Database R&D
Pivotal Software, Palo Alto, CA