Product Manager - Insurance Operations
Clover Health, San Francisco, CA | Jersey City, NJ | Remote
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Product Management at Clover is about being able to understand the big picture while being an expert in your domain and an owner of your product(s). Identifying opportunities for innovation, working collaboratively with your peers and driving towards focused delivery are keys to being successful. We identify opportunities where data and technology can be most impactful. The products we build measurably improve the health of our population and physician documentation.
As a member of Clover's Product team, you will partner with leaders across the organization to set clear goals, develop strategies, and execute on major business initiatives and programs. We are on a search who will lead and set the technology direction for core insurance operations. Our ideal person should have solid experience in the healthcare space and in partnering with operational teams. This product area requires a strong systems thinker with solid prioritization frameworks who can weigh internal and customer-facing improvements against a variety of goals with different time horizons.
As a Product Manager for Clover's Core Insurance Operations, you will:
- Deepen your knowledge of the health insurance space and dive into the complexities of our business alongside operational partners. You will build relationships with stakeholders, form a technical strategy and vision, and lead a diverse, cross-functional group to success.
- Bring your engineering counterparts along for the ride with clear reasoning and collaborative problem solving to design meaningful solutions, execute strategically with shared accountability. You will help provide a human-face to the work of your team.
- Build products that enable our internal teams and impact our member and provider experiences. Ensure that all users work with a high-degree of compliance, maximizing their skill sets and impact.
- Manage a portfolio that balances maintenance, new feature development, and purchased products with an eye to their quantitative and qualitative impact.
- Prioritize features, define success metrics, and plan roadmaps. Identify and surface risks to leadership.
- Be a connector to the broader organization. Learn how your team's roadmap impacts other functions downstream, wrangle stakeholders, de-risk and maximize the impact of product releases.
- Lead a remote engineering team with strong facilitation and written communication skills. You will explore tools and regularly iterate on process improvements to build an empowered well-integrated remote workforce.
- Understand business needs and translate them to a product vision and technical requirements. Get into the weeds producing clear artifacts that communicate to a variety of stakeholders with a high-attention to detail.
- Mentor people around you, helping the entire team level up in skills. You know when to ask for help and how to empower the team around you.
You will love this job if:
- You're comfortable working through ambiguity and display great curiosity as you dive into details. Health insurance is an area with a lot of potential for improvement and optimization. Our platform must consider how our technology and people work together to support our members. You are adaptable and don't shy away from hairy problems like these.
- You have a high attention to detail and thrive in being organized. You double check every detail and don't mind getting into the nitty-gritty of compliance regulations.
- You have the vision to design scalable, long-term solutions while still identifying important quick wins.
- You're an incredible communicator. What we're doing is complicated. You need to know how to communicate nuances and surface the interconnections, especially in writing. Your communication will enable us to act as a strong team and company.
- You're passionate and driven by Clover's mission. You're excited to create a significant impact on member experience and the business.
- You have an unsatisfiable desire to streamline processes and innovate.
You should get in touch if:
- You have hands-on Product Management experience with a demonstrable track record of shipping and maintaining products.
- You have healthcare experience, preferably in the payer domain or with clinical decision support.
- You are a strong product leader with a proven track record of scaling out product management organization.
- You're are a collaborative leader and understand how to drive value on major strategic business initiatives and programs to deliver results.
- You have experience working with engineering and design in an agile (Scrum or Kanban) methodology.
- You have experience with working with remote teams (optional).
- You have B2B integration and software development experience (preferred, but not required).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Manager - Devices
Fitbit, US - San Diego
Senior Product Manager - Premium
Dropbox, New York, NY
Sr. Product Manager - File System
Box, Redwood City, CA
The Trade Desk, San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA
Chorus Engineering Manager
Vox Media, Remote, NYC, DC, LA, SF