Clover is reinventing healthcare by working to keep people healthier.
Clover International is charged with leveraging our data, our most important asset, to generate value for our clients and partners. By using Clover’s expertise as a US medical insurance provider, our platform generates machine learning models and insights central to helping our clients and partners manage and improve the health of their populations. Our Machine Learning Engineers are key to improving our platform and helping our partners get value out of our technology.
We’re looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to help us build a revolutionary new health care business internationally.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will:
- Design, implement and validate high-reliability, distributed platforms for machine learning.
- Build the tools and validation processes that help Clover translate insights into action at scale.
- Use existing commercial and open source tools where appropriate to create a robust production platform.
- Work closely with Clover's Data Science, Operations, and Engineering teams to ensure that the Machine Learning Platform is providing real value.
- Debug, interpret and improve production Machine Learning models.
- Document and give tutorials to ensure data scientists can use your tools easily.
You will love this job if:
- You want to create impact with your work by finding insights in the data to unlock value and improve outcomes for real people.
- You are comfortable acting autonomously in ambiguous and dynamic environments.
- You value collaboration and feedback. You can communicate technical vision in clear terms— to your teammates and across the technology team more broadly. You are willing and able to help your teammates grow by demonstrating best practices, providing (and receiving) respectful and constructive feedback, and sharing your unique insights with everyone.
- You enjoy working in a fluid environment, defining and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are not hesitant to jump in to help fix things that are broken and you feel a great responsibility to make sustainable systems. You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description.
- You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people and have a positive attitude about tackling hard problems in an important industry.
You should get in touch if:
- You have experience with Python, Python data science libraries (numpy, pandas, sklearn, tensorflow, etc.), and deploying Python apps into production environments.
- You have a solid foundation in feature engineering, feature selection, and machine learning techniques.
- You have experience interpreting, modifying, and debugging the inputs and outputs of production machine learning models.
- You have both built and refactored complex distributed systems, especially machine learning systems.
- You have scaled the impact of other engineers and data scientists through mentorship, development of reusable libraries, and documentation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Software Test Engineer
Visa, Austin TX, US
Senior Software Engineer, Magicverse
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Software Engineer, Development Tools
Wish, San Francisco, California
Senior Software Engineer, Product
Justworks, New York, NY
Senior Client Engineer
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA