Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Clover's Data Science team is charged with leveraging our data—our most important asset—to generate value for our members. From understanding how the member experience impacts clinical outcomes to making our home visits more efficient and effective, our team pushes out insights central to executing on our core mission. And our impact is tremendous: you'll be able to point to one of our members and say, “I helped make that person's life better.”
We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help us build a revolutionary new health care company.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Partner with Product and Clinical teams to define criteria and measure success of new initiatives.
- Empower our operations staff to understand relevant data and how it should impact their decisions.
- Build models, tools and validation processes that help Clover translate insights into action at scale.
- Determine priorities by estimating the potential impact of projects.
- Acquire and bring structure to data so that it can be used in our reports and data apps.
You will love this job if:
- You want to create impact with your work by finding insights in the data that unlock value and improve outcomes.
- You have a strong understanding of how to structure analyses and experiments to yield interpretable, actionable results.
- You reason holistically. From project scope to priority to implementation, you'll have an impact on how decisions get made.
- You are comfortable acting autonomously in ambiguous and dynamic environments.
- You are fearless in the face of messy data, and adept at programmatically structuring and cleaning records collected from the real world.
- You strive to automate as much as possible, yet understand the value of explicitly incorporating human decisions into the systems you build.
- You have just as much interest in helping other people move faster as you do building your own analyses.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a strong foundation in probability, statistics and statistical modeling or machine learning.
- You are comfortable working in Python and excited to help lead the development of our data science toolkit.
- You have professional experience leading data science projects and being a peer to product, engineering, and operations teams.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Inventory
Senior Manager, Product Management-Mobile & CTV Fraud
White Ops, New York, Boston
Insikt, San Francisco
Paytm Labs, Delhi
Senior Product Manager - Security - Elasticsearch
Elastic, Eastern Americas or Western Europe
Product Manager - Cloud Foundry (Toronto)
Pivotal Software, Toronto, Ontario