Bilingual Nurse Practitioner - Full Time
Clover Health, San Antonio, TX
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our Clinical Team is a group of caring and passionate professionals dedicated to improving the lives of our members by conducting in-home and facility visits. Our team that helps make this possible include; Medical Directors, Nurse Practitioners, Medical Assistants, and Social Workers
The Nurse Practitioner will conduct health assessments (Clover Care Visit) on enrolled Medicare Advantage members in member homes. The NP may also conduct follow-up visits with Clover members that have recently been discharged from a hospital or another acute-care facility. Assignments of home visits will be based on geographic areas, staff availability, and member needs. The nature of the home visits vary and include post-discharge medication reconciliation and review of discharge plan, obtaining baseline information, administering point-of-care tests, performing physical exams and writing needed prescriptions, and providing care coordination to prevent progression of disease and re-hospitalization. The NP will also participate in documentation review of Clover visit charts.
As a Nurse Practitioner, you will:
- Deliver preventive care to Clover members in the convenience of their own homes as well as in other settings using Clover's proprietary software and cutting edge medical devices.
- Complete a comprehensive review and assessment of a member's medical history, physical health, environment, and psycho-social.
- Document progress notes, prepare patient workups and encounter summaries using Clover's proprietary mobile application.
- Help at-risk members transition from the hospital and other facilities to their own home through in-person and telephonic care.
- Create personalized care plans in coordination with the member's primary care physician.
- Actively close gaps in care, which may include ordering labs or procedures, writing prescriptions and coordinating physician follow up.
- Perform point of care labs and diagnostic testing, such as A1c and microalbumin testing and spirometry.
- Coordinate and communicate with the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Attend and participate in regular ongoing meetings and trainings both in person and remotely.
- Perform chart documentation review as assigned and note findings for feedback and participation in quality control functions.
- Comply with state regulations in working with a collaborating physician.
You will love this job if:
- You find it delightful and personable to visit and travel to members' homes and other locations.
- You have strong leadership skills with knowledge of long-term care, geriatrics, and chronic illness.
- You communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- You have terrific customer experience skills.
- You are tech savvy. Comfortable with documenting in electronic medical record and utilizing electronic data and reports.
- You value the ability to work independently, but also collaboratively with a Medical Assistant and interdisciplinary team.
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced environment. Ability to adapt to change and deal effectively with stress.
- You are detail oriented.
You should get in touch if:
- You are fluent in Spanish (required)
- You have minimum 2-3 years experience as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- You graduated with a Bachelor’s degree (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing.
- You have a Master’s degree in advanced clinical practice nursing or graduate of post Master’s certificate program for nurse practitioner.
- You are certified as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner in specialty areas (required).
- You hold current TX Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- You have a current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS).
- You are comfortable walking up at least 3 flights of stairs and carrying up to 50 lbs of equipment as some residences may not have elevators.
We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Ocean Allocation Associate
Flexport, Hong Kong Island, HK
Social Insights Analyst
Fullscreen, Playa Vista, CA
Driver Service Manager
Junior Customer Success Manager
Jampp, São Paulo, Brazil
Senior Clinical Data Manager - Sickle Cell Disease
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA