Senior Frontend Engineer
Clover Health, San Francisco, CA | Jersey City, NJ | Remote
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover's engineering team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of engineering team and culture that we are building, seeking engineers that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
We are looking for Senior Frontend Engineers to join our team. You will be building modern web applications for our members, their doctors, and our internal staff. Frontend engineers collaborate with our product, design, and internal operations teams to build tools to support our users. You will work closely with other engineering teams to develop end-to-end solutions.
You'll work primarily with React, Redux, and Bootstrap, but we're always looking at new technologies, such as GraphQL.
Healthcare experience is not required.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Bring frontend expertise to the project teams that build and ship our software.
- Add features to existing applications and build out entirely new applications.
- Work with product managers, designers, and operational staff to conceptualize new features.
- Dig into the complexities of healthcare to build beautiful and easy to use interfaces that multiply human efforts.
- Help the team define and maintain frontend development practices that allow Clover to move fast with quality — this includes writing tests, documenting key implementations, and guiding our long-term technical roadmap.
- Create well-designed and usable applications which make a wide variety of data easily accessible to internal and external consumers.
You will love this job if:
- You are excited by big, complicated problems and try to solve them with pragmatic, well-engineered solutions. You have a natural intellectual curiosity that drives you to find out how things work and if they can work better.
- You enjoy working in a fluid, collaborative environment, defining and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are not hesitant to jump in to help fix things that are broken and you feel great responsibility to make sustainable systems. You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description.
- You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people and have a positive attitude about tackling hard problems in an important industry.
You should get in touch if:
- You have solid, hands-on experience building and shipping complex web applications.
- You advocate accessibility. We want our applications to be inclusive of everyone.
- You have advanced CSS and design expertise. We'd love to hear from people with an eye for design.
- You have a strong interest for frontend build tools and code deployment. We support many applications and need people with a passion for improving our build processes.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Backend
CB Insights, New York
IT Site Lead
Collective Health, Lehi, UT
Senior Salesforce Engineer - Freelance
Senior Front End Engineer - Twilio Flex
Twilio, Prague, Czech Republic
Senior Data Engineer
Slack, San Francisco
Engineering Manager - Insights
Twilio, Tallinn, Estonia