Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Clover Health, San Francisco, CA
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover's engineering team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of engineering team and culture that we are building, seeking engineers that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be a part of the team that is building the underlying infrastructure and systems that run all of Clover Health's applications and have the opportunity to touch a wide range of technologies. We need tools and infrastructure that support us in maintaining rapid development and deployment velocity while ensuring security and privacy is a top priority. You’ll work with the rest of the engineering team to implement infrastructure solutions and establish operational best practices for our systems. At Clover, we value moving fast, but we do so with a pragmatic approach that maintains security and maintainability.
Healthcare experience is not required.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Design and implement high-reliability, distributed systems.
- Use existing commercial and open source tools to create a robust, secure production platform.
- Determine when tools are insufficient and help in deciding when it's time to write our own.
- Instrument our systems for monitoring and observability.
- Work with engineers of all experience levels and help them increase their operational knowledge.
- Document and create runbooks/playbooks to ensure other engineers can provide their own self-service
You will love this job if:
- You are excited by big, complicated problems and like to solve them with creative, elegant, and simple solutions. You have a natural intellectual curiosity that drives you to find out how things work and if they can work better.
- You care about quality but also have a pragmatic approach to software that prioritizes delivering value continuously. You understand there is a time and place for optimizing for shipping throughput vs. optimizing for robustness that survives gnarly edge cases.
- You value collaboration and feedback. You can communicate technical vision in clear terms— to your peers as well as outside of the engineering team. You are willing and able to help your teammates grow by demonstrating best practices, providing (and receiving) respectful and constructive feedback, and sharing your unique insights with everyone.
- You enjoy working in a fluid environment, defining and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are not hesitant to jump in to help fix things that are broken and you feel a great responsibility to make sustainable systems. You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description.
- You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people and have a positive attitude about tackling hard problems in an important industry.
You should get in touch if:
- You have experience writing production software (applications or infrastructure tooling).
- You have utilized these or of similar Cloud Platforms (GCP, AWS, or Azure).
- You are familiar with various configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt).
- You have implemented an automated, zero-downtime deployment to production.
- You have used Docker/containerization.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Site Reliability Engineer
LiveIntent, New York City
Nortal, Estonia, Tartu
Enterprise Security Engineer
The Democratic Party , Washington, DC (DNC HQ)
Software Development Engineer in Test
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Senior Software Engineer, Data Analytics
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA