Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build the future of it. Our IT philosophy is one of partnership, we strive to empower our users to be as effective and successful as possible with an iterative approach to solutions and processes. We are a growth-minded team with a focus on developing long-term opportunities that branch out into various areas of the organization. Our IT Team adopts a collaborative approach to implementation, project management, and knowledge-sharing to distribute capability across the team and avoid functional silos.
The Director of IT will lead the design, procurement, operations, and optimization of Clover's information technology systems to best support our internal processes and external partnerships. Our ideal candidate values innovation, flexibility, change, and growth.
As the Director of IT, you will:
- Partner with Clover's leadership team to gain an in-depth understanding of the strategic priorities for all departments and ensure there is alignment with the technology solutions and process.
- Develop, implement, and communicate departmental strategic plans and goals that support company goals and priorities.
- Develop and drive a holistic long-term vision for Clover's IT team focused on enablement and security while identifying quick wins that can provide immediate value.
- Drive process and productivity improvements through technology enablement.
- Partner to establish a budget that supports a clear IT governance model and project prioritization framework
- Manage and mentor a team, ensuring development and growth opportunities for all team members.
- Evaluate, streamline, and audit vendors and tools to make recommendations on how to balance tools to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Lead teams to provide excellent coast to coast desktop support, implement systems in new locations, and provide reliable core services for productivity and connectedness (WiFi, AV, computers, etc).
You will love this job if:
- You are a tenacious troubleshooter and negotiator. You have the ability to remove roadblocks and move the team forward.
- You value collaboration and feedback. You can communicate a technical vision in clear terms — to technologists and non-technologists. You are willing and able to help your teammates grow by demonstrating best practices, providing (and receiving) respectful and constructive feedback, and sharing your unique insights with everyone.
- You enjoy working in a fluid environment, defining and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are passionate about growing people and teams. Helping to set your team and peers up for success is important to you and you love coming up with ways to best utilize resources and time.
You should get in touch if:
- You have extensive experience leading and managing IT teams in a fast-paced and growing company.
- You have practical experience across a formal systems development lifecycle and knowledge about general architecture, support, networks and computer operations.
- You have superior written and verbal communication skills and you are able to communicate technical decisions to non-technical people.
- You have demonstrated experience managing complex, multi-platform, distributed environments (servers, networks, applications, systems monitoring and management).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Sr. Product Manager (Voice)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
indaHash, Poland, Warsaw
Senior Product Designer
Hudl, Lincoln, NE, United States
International Product Specialist, Italy (Contract)
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager, Financial Infrastructure
Lyft, San Francisco, CA