Data Platform Engineer, Machine Learning
Clover Health, San Francisco, CA | Jersey City, NJ | Remote
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover's engineering team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of engineering team and culture that we are building, seeking engineers that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
Clover uses Machine Learning to leverage our data—our most important asset—to generate value for our members automatically and at scale. From understanding who is a good provider to making our home visits more efficient and effective, our machine learning infrastructure will be central to executing on our central mission, and will have a direct impact on our members. The Data Platform Engineering team currently builds systems and tools that support the data needs of a diverse organization, and we want to expand the Machine Learning capabilities of our Data Platform. We are looking for Data Platform Engineers with experience in Machine Learning systems to join our team.
As a Data Platform Engineer, Machine Learning, you will:
- Design, implement and validate high-reliability, distributed platforms for machine learning.
- Build the tools and validation processes that help Clover translate insights into action at scale.
- Use existing commercial and open source tools where appropriate to create a robust production platform.
- Work closely with Clover's Data Science, Operations, and Engineering teams to ensure that the Machine Learning Platform is providing real value.
- Debug, interpret and improve production Machine Learning models.
- Document and give tutorials to ensure data scientists can use your tools easily.
You will love this job if:
- You want to create impact with your work by finding insights in the data to unlock value and improve outcomes for real people.
- You are comfortable acting autonomously in ambiguous and dynamic environments.
- You value collaboration and feedback. You can communicate technical vision in clear terms— to your teammates and across the technology team more broadly. You are willing and able to help your teammates grow by demonstrating best practices, providing (and receiving) respectful and constructive feedback, and sharing your unique insights with everyone.
- You enjoy working in a fluid environment, defining and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are not hesitant to jump in to help fix things that are broken and you feel a great responsibility to make sustainable systems. You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description.
- You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people and have a positive attitude about tackling hard problems in an important industry.
You should get in touch if:
- You have experience with Python, Python data science libraries (numpy, pandas, sklearn, tensorflow, etc.), and deploying Python apps into production environments.
- You have a solid foundation in feature engineering, feature selection, and machine learning techniques.
- You have experience interpreting, modifying, and debugging the inputs and outputs of production machine learning models.
- You have both built and refactored complex distributed systems, especially machine learning systems.
- You have scaled the impact of other engineers and data scientists through mentorship, development of reusable libraries, and documentation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Front End (React) Engineer
Roomi, New York, NY or Split, Croatia
Senior Product Manager, Ad Targeting
Quantcast, San Francisco
The Trade Desk, San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA
Acquia, Boston, MA
Exabeam, San Mateo, CA
Product Manager, Mobile
Intercom, Dublin, Ireland