Senior Product Security Engineer
Clover Health, Remote - US
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover's security team enhances the values of the organization by supporting the company's goals and objectives while fiercely defending our members' information. We are committed and deliberate about protecting the integrity and availability of Clover's overall operation. We are looking for empathetic security professionals to help build up Clover's security and ensure all functions operate securely. This includes ensuring service availability, systems/data integrity, member privacy, and building trust in the Clover brand.
We are looking for a Senior Product Security Engineer to join our team. In this role you will assist with building applications and services to support our business with opportunities to touch a wide range of technologies. You will partner with the rest of the engineering and product team to protect member/PHI data and exceed industry compliance standards by establishing secure coding standards, tooling, and best practices for our systems as well as security reviews and architecting and building secure services for members. We value moving fast, but we do so with a pragmatic approach that will allow us to sustain velocity over time.
As Senior Product Security Engineer you will:
- Help mature our application security program by developing the tooling needed to allow us to move fast without introducing additional risk.
- Perform source code and security architecture review of existing and new deployments and integrations.
- Develop our secure coding standards and be the primary SME and point of contact for application security inquiries across the organization.
- Develop Security Awareness materials geared toward engineers.
- Be part of our coordinated incident response program and primary point of contact for triage of security bug reports.
- Help Clover build a respected reputation in the Healthcare and Security industries.
You will love this job if:
- You are a partner, you enjoy working with engineering teams to ensure that code is deployed in a safe secure manner across all of Clover’s assets.
- You enjoy working in a fluid, collaborative environment, defining and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are passionate about security being a driver to success.
You should get in touch if you have:
- 5-8+ years of experience building and maintaining corporate security programs and services, especially around web and application security.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the inner workings across full web services stack and the multitude of authentication and authorization methods.
- 5+ years of experience using a dynamic programming language background like Python or Ruby.
- Proven experience identifying and remediating application security vulnerabilities.
- Seasoned experience in security integration into CI/CD pipelines across multiple tenants.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience building HIPAA, HITECH, and HITRUST applications.
- Understanding of mobile security as it relates to iOS/Android.
- Experience in Cloud PaaS security across AWS/GCP/Azure and with cloud orchestration platforms (Kubernetes).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.