Director, Actuary (Trend and Forecasting)
Clover Health, United States
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We don't just provide health insurance—we deliver the kind of healthcare that people deserve. The Actuarial team at Clover is made up of collaborative and strategic thinkers that are excited about the impact technology can have on healthcare. We're looking for Actuaries who are interested in taking the actuarial discipline into the new era.
We're looking for a Director, Actuary who is interested in enhancing Clover’s ability to make smart and data-driven business decisions to join our team. In this role, you will report to the Chief Actuary and focus on providing Clover decision makers with business relevant trend analysis, experience modeling and financial forecasts and pricing results.
As a Director, Actuary, you will:
- Develop ongoing short, mid, and long range forecasts of trends, revenue and medical expenses included within Clover’s growing Medicare Advantage and Direct Contracting businesses.
- Orient actuarial work products to be relevant and informative with respect to business decision making. Collaborates with stakeholders to understand business needs and develop solutions.
- Communicate key results to executives and functional leads.
- Help develop the medium and long term vision of Clover’s actuarial function.
- Supervise and develop junior actuaries supporting this scope of work.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about actuarial science and want to take your experience to the next level.
- You dream about ways to make the healthcare system more efficient and are excited about the prospect of leveraging data science techniques to do so.
- You are analytical and strategic and love working in a collaborative, transparent, flexible, and cross-functional work environment.
- You want to make an impact. From project scope to priority to implementation, you'll have an impact on how decisions get made.
You should get in touch if:
- You are an Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
- You have significant and varied experience as a professional actuary, including at least 5 years of Medicare Advantage and Part D bidding trend and forecasting analytics. Experience with Medicare population is preferred but not required.
- You have an interest in building automated tools around actuarial analysis.
- You are relentlessly focused on serving the needs of diverse business customers.
- You have experience in Insurance Reserving or Risk Adjustment (preferred).
- You have coding skills. Examples include SAS, VBA, SQL, Python, and R (preferred).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.