Medical Director, Complex Care
Clover Health, Jersey City, NJ
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our complex care programs are designed to improve care and outcomes for our most medically complex members. Clover wants to take accountability for these members' healthcare journeys and provide high-quality personalized care that is consistent with members' values and preferences
Our first complex care offering is the Clover In-Home Primary Care program. This program provides vulnerable members with in-home access to an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, and social workers. Our providers are trained in geriatrics and supportive care and are able to focus on the symptoms and conditions that matter most to older adults.
Clover's Complex Care Team is responsible for identifying the needs of our most vulnerable members, matching them with available services or, when those services don't exist, standing up new services as required. A primary goal is to effectively engage members with our programs at an unprecedented rate, by using technology to continually refine our understanding of members' needs and preferences and the the effectiveness of our approaches.
We're looking for the Medical Director to be the physician leader responsible for our complex care population. The Medical Director will lead Clover's clinical efforts to manage our neediest members, including those with major complex chronic conditions, frailty, and advanced illness. Our ideal candidate must have strong experience and comfort in managing higher acuity patients in less intensive care settings—working with patients and their caregivers to provide care that aligns with patient preferences and wishes.
The Medical Director is the clinical lead of a small internal operational team, responsible for setting and assuring standards of clinical excellence, and will be partnering with additional product and design stakeholders to support this effort. You must believe in the importance of an interdisciplinary team to deliver whole-person care and be able to lead continuous quality improvements efforts, quality assurance, and program design. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and focused on measurable outcomes that include member experience. Within the context of a payor organization, you will have the opportunity to affect the scope of services offered and help build our tech tools to support empathetic clinical care. The Director must be systems-oriented, tech savvy, and completely committed to member-centric care.
As a Medical Director for Complex Care you will:
- Be the clinical champion for Clover's members with the highest needs.
- Be responsible for leading and overseeing the clinical quality of Clover’s in-home primary care program, including quality improvement and quality assurance.
- Work to expand the spectrum of services to support our complex population.
- Manage your own Complex Care patient panel of ~60 members.
- Be the clinical team leader for our front-line clinicians to assure that high quality whole-person care is consistently delivered to program participants.
- Act as liaison in working with our provider network to ensure high-quality transitions in clinical management for members coming into the program.
- Help lead the expansion of complex care programs into new markets.
- Be responsible for assuring that Clover's efforts are informed by the latest literature and emerging best practices in home-based care.
- Be a true partner to our EVP of Complex Care to manage day to day operations, program development and implementation.
- Work closely with our Chief Scientific Officer to assure that we test and measure the impact of our programs and achieve intended clinical outcomes.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about helping others and being a patient, positive, and collaborative leader.
- You love clinical care with the goal of providing the best outcomes for older and frail patients.
- You are humble and understand that as a manager of people, you are there to serve and support others
- You can distill the needs of your patients and team members down to actionable improvements that can be made in Clover's product or procedures. And, you can do it while fiercely protecting the privacy and rights of our customers.
- You are nimble, and comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment. You embrace ambiguity and speed while maintaining a bias towards action.
You should get in touch if:
- You have at least 5 years of high touch clinical experience, ideally with geriatric populations.
- You have experience across care settings (e.g., acute, subacute, ambulatory, home).
- You have experience in quality improvement, quality assurance, and population health.
- You are deeply committed to person-centered approaches to care.
- You have prior experience in managed care environments; Medicare Advantage is a plus.
- You are a licensed physician (MD or DO), ideally in the state of NJ.
- You are Board certified or Board eligible in Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, and/or Family Practice.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Werkstudent IT Support Administrator (m/w/x)
Elasticsearch - Java Engineer - Analytics
Global Partnerships Manager (Growth)
City manager Lille
Field Services Manager
Enjoy, London, England
Associate Director, Medical Lead Nordic
Bluebird Bio, Copenhagen