Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Data Operations team at Clover supports and refines our core data assets throughout their lifecycles creating robust data products in collaboration with other teams. As a Technical Analyst, you'll partner with: (1) Engineering to build a strong foundation, (2) Data Management to develop robust data models, (3) Operations to ensure our products support critical business needs, and (4) Data Science to create data products that support business intelligence, product experimentation, and machine learning initiatives. You will extend testing suites to facilitate robust, accurate, and timely data flows while minimizing tech debt.
Technical Analysts focus on specific data domains, growing a rich understanding of the domain's data sources, processing pipelines, and end users. This deep expertise allows our technical analysts to provide key insights critical for enhancing domain data quality and generating product roadmaps. We have roles open in our provider and clinical domains. The provider domain encompasses all aspects of Clover's provider network, from credentialing to clinical specialty designations to member-provider attribution. The clinical domain includes topics such as diagnosis capture, EMR data acquisition and structuring, RAPS/EDS submission data, and HEDIS submissions. Candidates with experience with data in these domains are preferred.
As a Senior Technical Analyst, you will:
- Manage our data warehouse (in partnership with data engineering and data science), keeping concepts up-to-date and removing redundant, obsolete, or trivial data.
- Implement and maintain data quality monitoring across all stages of the data lifecycle.
- Monitor data quality and timeliness, working with operational and technical teams to resolve issues.
- Execute high quality data integrations, migrations, and submissions to ensure on-time delivery of accurate data with minimal tech debt.
- Develop a deep understanding of the data in your domain along with the operations and industry concepts/regulations that underpin it in service of successful implementations in large data-focused initiatives.
You will love this job if:
- You are a system level thinker with experience designing and building sustainable systems .
- You have a natural intellectual curiosity that drives you to find out how things work and if they can work better.
- You enjoy collaborating and have a positive attitude about tackling hard problems in an important industry.
- You are willing and able to help your teammates grow by demonstrating best practices, providing (and receiving) respectful and constructive feedback, and sharing your unique insights with everyone.
- Your pragmatic approach to problem solving balances optimization and quality vs. delivering value continuously.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 4+ years of experience working with databases and are familiar with concepts of data architecture and data governance, master data management and data warehouse design.
- You have advanced SQL skills and have some experience with Python or similar general programming language or scripting.
- You have experience working with real-world data, value and understand the importance of data quality, and are comfortable cleaning datasets and instrumenting unit tests, validation tests, and integration tests.
- You love data as a product, and enjoy working with different stakeholders to build ecosystems of data sets and tools to drive data driven insights.
- You have experience working with provider or clinical data and are familiar with the regulations or standard file formats that underpin it.
- Provider data: Providers and practices, network adequacy, credentialing, specialties, associated code sets, medicare regulations, and datasets or companies in the space (e.g. NPPES, CAQH, CredSimple)
- Clinical data: EMR data acquisition and structuring, diagnosis capture and RAPS/EDS submission data, HEDIS measures and submissions
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.
Want to learn more about Clover Health? Visit Clover Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Developer Productivity
metromile, SF Folsom
Mobile Engineer (iOS/Swift)
Circle Medical, San Francisco Bay Area
Lead Mobile Engineer, Applications
Grand Rounds, San Francisco, CA
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Senior Quality Automation Engineer - multi-tiered SaaS applications
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Data Team Lead